|Date Posted||May 12, 2018|
To provide development, maintenance and support of operational applications developed by the Security Operations Center. This role will ensure the connectivity of CSOC tools to applications and databases. In addition, this role will analyze and classify normal activity of systems, application and data to create construct of normalized use and activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
6. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard’s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
9. Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
10. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Three to Five years of experience performing application development
- Must understand development and adapt to different languages
- Hands on development experience with SQL Development tools, Microsoft development tool suite, Python and PowerShell required
- CISSP highly preferred
- Must be obtain CISSP within one year of hire.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to understand strategic objectives and vision, and work towards those goals.
- Ability to remain calm and professional while working in a high pressure incident situation.
- Understanding networks is preferred
Must be obtain CISSP within one year of hire.
This position may require working nights weekends and holidays.
Extended hours will be required especially during peak activity months.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.