|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
The Information Assurance (IA)/Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for providing Information Assurance, Cybersecurity, and Information Management to the Strategic Systems Program Command Information Officer (CIO).
Duties include the following:
Assist in conducting internal audits of enterprise IT networks, systems, applications, and security tools to ensure they adhere to Navy, and DoD security policies and procedures (e.g., STIGs, CTOs, IAVMs, FRAGOs, NTDs, etc.) and applicable frameworks and regulations (e.g., NIST, FISMA, etc.).
Review DoD, DON cyber security alerts, notices, IAVMs, etc., and conduct risk assessments and discuss mitigation strategies when needed.
Review security and data/logs to respond to security incidents on SSP Enterprise systems.
Support the IAM/ISSM in developing Cybersecurity standards and policies.
Maintain the SSP Enterprise systems Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages; topologies; ports, protocol, and services lists; contingency plans, disaster recovery procedures, incident response plans, and POA&Ms.
Provide technical guidance to the IAM/ISSM, CIO, Cybersecurity Workgroup (CSWG), Program Managers (PMs), Program Management Officers (PMOs), FBM Partners, etc. on cybersecurity matters and initiatives, including researching new technologies to counter evolving threats.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
An active DoD security clearance preferred, but will consider candidates with an interim Secret clearance.
A Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field is preferred. We may consider other degree disciplines and at least 6 years of professional work related experience or 14 years of related professional work experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience must include the following:
- Working Knowledge of Risk Management Framework
- Knowledge and experience with assessing NIST 800-53 security controls
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications
- Security-related industry certification like CASP, CAP, CISSP
- Experience with information security configuration guides or DISA STIGs
- Knowledge and understanding of security technologies including vulnerability scanning (ACAS), firewalls, HBSS and data protection/encryption systems
- At least 3 years experience supporting and/or maintaining information security technologies
- Experience developing policies, procedures, and technical training materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired skills/experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of all 6 steps of Risk Management Framework
- CISSP or Masters degree in the Cybersecurity Field
- Qualified Navy Validator
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.