|Date Posted||March 12, 2019|
Title: Cyber Security Specialist Senior - Cyber Hunt & Threat Analyst
Location: Chicago IL
Hours of Support: 2:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cyber Hunt & Threat Analyst determining if an event meets the criteria for additional cyber hunt investigation and/or constitutes a security incident subject to investigation and notify team lead or designate within 15 minutes.
- Review audit logs and identify any unusual or suspect behavior.
- Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks.
- Develop and execute custom scripts to identify host-based indicators of compromise.
- Implement new detection capabilities and improve upon existing security tools.
- Determine scope of intrusion identifying the initial point of access or source.
- Recommend remediation activities to secure the source or initial point of access of intrusion.
- Provide cyber threat intelligence collection & correlation in coordination with a cyber-threat team.
- Provide executive level cyber security strategic recommendations along with security engineering recommendations and custom solutions to counter adversarial activity
- Provide advanced technical capabilities, including Big Data Analytics, and Predictive Intelligence.
- Participate as an analyst point of presence during threat intelligence community exchanges.
- Provide proactive APT hunting, incident response support, and advanced analytic capabilities.
- Profile and track APT actors that pose a threat in coordination with threat intelligence support teams.
- Support the incident response process by providing advanced analysis services when requested to include recommending containment and remediation processes, independent analysis of security events, and reporting of identified incidents to Incident Handling (IH).
- Develop analytics to correlate IOCs and maximize threat detection capabilities based off defense analysis processes.
- Create and disseminate summary reports, investigation reports, and threat briefs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineer or related field and minimum 2 years of experience. Additional 4 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of the degree.
- 2 years of experience performing security assessments against web applications for vulnerabilities, security misconfigurations, and compliance-related concerns
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C|EH) or 5 years of experience overrides certification requirement.
- Must be able to obtain a Veterans Affairs High Security Background Investigation (VA BI)
- Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of VA culture, mission, and IT environment
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C|EH)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178