|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Saint Louis, Missouri|
|Date Posted||October 25, 2018|
Director of the Cybersecurity Master of Science Degree Program
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service is seeking applicants for a Full-time, Non-Tenure Track Faculty Program Director for the Cybersecurity Master of Science Degree in the School for Professional Studies. Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is the oldest university west of the Mississippi and the second oldest Jesuit university in the United States.
The School for Professional Studies (SPS) offers globally accessible, academic and professional programs for working students in Saint Louis University’s Jesuit tradition of excellence. We promote a student-centered, entrepreneurial environment built on a foundation of integrity and accountability. We offer multiple online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs with plans to continue growing locally, nationally and internationally.
The Program Director core responsibilities are administration, teaching, scholarship, service, and professional activities. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, direction, and administration of all aspects of the Cybersecurity Degree Program activities in collaboration with the faculty and staff.
- Serve as the academic liaison to the Center for Workforce and Organizational Development to insure program alignment with industry best practices and relevant professional certifications and accreditations.
- Support the Jesuit ideals as presented in the Mission Statement of the University.
- Earned Doctorate in cybersecurity or a technology related field. (A master’s degree will be considered if professional experience shows clear expertise that supports the Director’s required duties.)
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the university level.
- At least five years of professional experience (government or industry) in cybersecurity or related field.
- Ability to administer and promote academic degree programs.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse students and community populations.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and/or supervising graduate students and adjunct faculty.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with online course design and instruction.
- Experience with curriculum development and outcomes assessment.
- Experience teaching adult learners.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent industry certification.
The position may be at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Professor, depending on the candidate’s education and experience. A master’s degree and related professional experience is required for Instructor positions. Applicants from both industry and higher education settings are invited to apply. The position is an annually renewable, nine-month appointment with a regular but flexible work schedule. A designated stipend is given to cover administrative duties over the summer months. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is spring/summer 2019.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, application, current curriculum vita or resume, teaching evaluation summaries and three letters of recommendation to http://jobs.slu.edu. All applications must be made online at http://jobs.slu.edu. The job requisition number is: F20180741. All other correspondence regarding this position can be directed to Katie Devany at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages nominations of and applications from women and minorities.