|Date Posted||December 28, 2017|
Data Security Specialist
The Data/Security Specialist will work collaboratively with the client and other vendors
The DSS will work to ensure that the client's business needs are met by confirming that the proper steps are taken to protect the data security and integrity.
The DSS will also provide valuable business and technical subject matter expertise through consultation with the client.
The Data/Security Specialist will also support similar Security needs for other Consulting clients as well as lead a formal effort to strengthen and expand our Data/Security Management capability
The candidate will work closely with the all parties to confirm the proper controls, mechanisms, and monitoring are in place to ensure compliance with defined policies.
In addition, the candidate will work directly with the vendors, business users and the client to provide recommendations to the project team on project issues, risks and project direction.
Additional duties include:
- Perform assessment activities with focus on the integrity of the system security
- Assess technical compliance of systems with specified requirements as well as CMS Conditions and Standards
- Review deliverables and processes for quality, completeness and security adherence
- Review and make written recommendations for data sharing activities and database design activities to ensure data integrity
- Provide leadership in MARS (Minimum Acceptable Risk Standards) and Security Audits that occur during the project
- Ensure all documentation (ie. Data Sharing agreements, etc.) is collected and updated as appropriate
- Create and update all CMS required security reports and documentation
- Develop, maintain, and monitor an effective compliance and risk management program to meet the guidelines of CMS, Medicaid, HIPAA/PII
- Develop client deliverables in accordance with project requirements and company documentation standards
- Review and assess project documents and security plans for quality, completeness, compliance, and effectiveness
- Review major deliverables from Vendors
- Identify and report project issues and risks
- Interface with client, vendor, and business users
- Research and provide recommendations to the client on critical business decisions
- Collaborate with other team members to provide subject matter expertise and assistance as applicable
- Ensure that all project identified processes and methodologies are executed and followed as applicable
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.