|Date Posted||January 8, 2019|
.INFORMATION ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Location: Crystal City, VA
Looking for motivated, skilled individuals to join our Cyber Security Team supporting Federal Customers. At AlphaSix, we pride ourselves in providing a highly energized work environment where our employees are rewarded with competitive compensation packages and excellent benefits. Do you want the opportunity to apply your skills to solve meaningful challenges? Would you like to contribute to a team where your work will make a difference and your expertise is valued? Are you passionate about providing great customer service? If yes, then we would love to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilize the policy, directives, instructions, and guidance of Public Laws, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the Committee on National Security Systems, and the Director of National Intelligence in the evaluation of the proper incorporation of security standards to information technology systems on behalf of the Certification Official in the preparation of evaluations, assessments, and reviews.
- Provide security policy interpretation, research, and development; information systems security; information technology research and analysis work; cyber security planning and implementation; industrial security work; information technology policy/guidelines development; and information security work.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or other related discipline is preferred. This position requires seven (7) years general database experience, four (4) years database administration/development experience for large complex databases; and two (2) years information technology experience.
- At least Five (5) years experience in the integration and implementation of policy, regulations, and doctrine in telecommunications and information technology development.
- At least Five (5) years experience in using security policies, standards, procedures, guidelines, and best practices from areas such as FISMA, NIST, and NSA.
- At least Five (5) years experience integrating, developing, or deploying security products in enterprise level technology upgrades
- Documented knowledge of the policies, instructions, regulations, and guidance of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the Committee on National Security Systems, and the Director of National Intelligence; documented skill in the application of Security Assessment and Management tools;
- Experience promoting awareness of issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals;
- Experience with conducting systems evaluations, audits, and reviews; documentation demonstrating the development of systems contingency plans; Clearance:
- Experience in incident detection, analysis, coordination, and response; auditing systems, database, and applications; vulnerability assessments and compliance monitoring; experience in vulnerability assessments.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware (PDA, desktop, server, and peripherals), operating systems, applications, and databases (single user through enterprise); knowledge of information security products, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Experience in network monitoring using host-based and network-based intrusion detection systems; experience with incident response handling; sound knowledge of incident response handling policy and procedures; and knowledge of intrusion detection systems and other information security products, regulations, standards, and guidelines.
An advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific/technical discipline may be considered equivalent to two (2) years general experience or two (2) years information security specialized experience. Certificates such as Microsoft’s MCSE may be considered equivalent to two (2) years of general experience and two (2) years of information technology experience. The CISSP certificate may be considered equivalent to five (5) years of INFOSEC experience.
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans