|Date Posted||May 2, 2018|
IT Security Architect
You are a forward-looking IT security architect seeking an opportunity to have a real impact on a company’s information security future. You have a strong foundation of implementing information security initiatives and designs, combined with leadership ability, and you desire a chance to be on the front lines of IT security for an international company. In short, you seek an opportunity to help propel a company’s security structure to the next level. At Best Western, in Phoenix AZ, we want to empower a new Security Architect to work with a strong team of other architects, engineers and analysts to do exactly that. You will design new system architectures with a security-related focus across all sectors of the company. Capitalizing on your creativity will positively influence the outcome of your projects. Keeping up with relevant technologies and contributing your voice for security will drive innovation and unite company efforts for consistent system security. You will be a crucial part of our business as we move forward. As our Security Architect you will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company data and information technology assets by leading information security policy enforcement and risk management activities. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, apply today!
Your role will include:
- Providing security architecture guidance in support of application development and infrastructure projects.
- Working closely with technical managers and leads to ensure solution security is properly addressed in all phases of development projects;
- Performing architecture reviews and code reviews to ensure adherence to security standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting software security assessments using dynamic analysis tools such as Zed Attack Proxy, and BurpSuite.
You will bring to the table at least 5 years of experience in information security in a large-scale environment or 5 years of software development including time at an architect level and demonstrable understating of security principles and practices, with strong knowledge of vulnerability assessment, SIEM, and intrusion detection methodologies. You will have strong communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people. Ideally, you will have a CISSP, CISA, SANS certifications, CEH or related information security experience. Additionally, you will have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of all aspects of information technology including information security, programming, networking, UNIX and Windows administration
- Certification in one or several of the following CISSP, SSCP, SANS, CEH, or other industry-leading information security certification
- Secure SDLC process to develop and design effective technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the design and assessment of application and mobile secure coding programs
- Experience in IT security concepts and technologies such as: identity and access management, PKI, multi-factor authentication, role based access control (RBAC), LDAP directories (schema and DIT design)
- Experience with credit card security requirements and data privacy regulations such as PCI and Safe Harbor as well as industry best-practices such as COBIT, ITIL, and NIST
- Cloud security concepts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), mobile architecture, network and application security and/or data protection
- Utilization of security technologies, including firewall, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management, WAF, WiFi, mobile security, DLP, digital certificates, encryption and authentication techniques, relational databases, middleware applications, collaboration and document management solutions
Best Western Hotels & Resorts headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, is a privately held hotel brand with a global network of 4,100† hotels in more than 100† countries and territories worldwide. Best Western offers 10 hotel brands to suit the needs of developers and guests in every market: Best Western®, Best Western Plus®, Best Western Premier®, Vīb®, GLō®, Executive Residency by Best Western®, and BW Premier Collection®; as well as its recently launched franchise offerings: SureStay®, SureStay Plus® and SureStay Collection®. Now celebrating more than 70 years of hospitality, Best Western provides its hoteliers with global operational, sales and marketing support, and award-winning online and mobile booking capabilities. Best Western continues to set industry records regarding awards and accolades, including 64 percent of the brand’s North American hotels earning a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence award in 2017, Business Travel News® ranking Best Western Plus and Best Western in the top three upper-mid-price and mid-price hotel brands for three years in a row, and Best Western receiving seven consecutive Dynatrace® Best of the Web awards for its leading hotel website. Best Western has also won eight consecutive AAA®/CAA® Lodging Partner of the Year awards, recognizing the brand’s commitment to providing exceptional service and great value to AAA’s 56 million members in the U.S. and Canada. Over 30 million travelers are members of the brand’s award-winning loyalty program Best Western Rewards®, one of the few programs in which members earn points that never expire and can be redeemed at any Best Western hotel worldwide. Best Western’s partnerships with AAA/CAA and Harley-Davidson® provide travelers with exciting ways to interact with the brand. Through its partnership with Google® Street View, Best Western is the first major company of its size and scale to launch a virtual reality experience for customers, setting a new industry standard and reinventing how guests view hotels.