|Date Posted||January 10, 2019|
A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company. If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
Winner of the 2017 WorldatWork Seal of Distinction, one of only seven companies throughout Florida to receive this award, Citizens is a diverse team of professionals helping people and communities throughout Florida.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential - they exceed it.
So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected - at Citizens.
The Manager - IT Security is a member of the IT Security & Risk team building out and managing the core cybersecurity operations processes. The manager is responsible for areas such as incident management and incident response; vulnerability management and threat management analysis while managing large sets of data specific to threats and vulnerabilities to apply accurate risk weighting, prioritization and remediation efforts. Provides leadership, strategic technology planning, and visioning - in tandem with IT leadership - to create a technology environment in support of Citizen's security data initiatives and policies. Coordinates with staff in other IT business units to ensure security-related compliance. Accountable for identifying and evaluating systems architecture to assure security/compliance needs are met.
- Responsible for managing staff, including hiring, goal setting, planning and delegation of work, training and development, coaching/mentoring and completing performance evaluations.
- Lead Citizens' Security Operations Center and related cross-functional Cybersecurity Incident Response activities with focus on process and response automation.
- Lead Citizens' Vulnerability and Threat Management Program by prioritizing mitigating activities based on vulnerability and patch criticality as it applies to CPIC's environment.
- Lead in the evolution of our identification, detection, protection, response and recovering capabilities based on experience, evolving threat environment and findings from cyber security assessments as well as incidents.
- Work with the enterprise architecture, security risk management, IT compliance, DevOps and internal audit teams to ensure that compliance is built into systems architecture and to identify, evaluate and select security solutions to meet security/compliance needs.
- Partner with IT and business leadership to continuously develop and improve security programs and security projects that address identified risks and business security requirements.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit and assessment deficiencies reported by auditors and external parties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in application development and automation.
- Firm understanding of multi-tier web-based application architecture and application frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge and experience managing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies and Security Operations Centers.
- Advanced knowledge and experience managing Vulnerability Management tools and programs.
- Advanced experience working with common information security management frameworks; such as NIST CSF, ISO 2700x, ITIL and COBIT.
- Experience in participating in developing and documenting security architecture and plans.
- Experience developing policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrated expertise in the creation and implementation of company-wide security plans/protocols.
- Ability to communicate sensitive information to a diverse audience.
- Strong knowledge of tools, technologies, security strategies and their implications on the broader business environment.
- Skilled in performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and defining mitigation strategies.
- Strong Project Management Skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 5 or more years of experience overseeing an organization's security function to also include 5 or more years of leadership or management experience.
- Experience managing Security Operations Center
- Experience managing Vulnerability and Threat Management Programs
- CISSP and/or CISM
- CCSP and/or CCSK
- Current CISSP or CISM Certifications
- Experience in Secure DevOps and Security Automation, and Application Development
- Experience managing a Security Operations Center
- Experience in Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Knowledge of Agile SAFe Framework
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
- Retirement savings plan with an 8 percent company match
- Medical, dental and group life insurance
- Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- On-site wellness activities
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation Assistance is available for this position
*LI - AR1