|Date Posted||April 16, 2018|
Enable secure systems by evaluating network and security technologies, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; support the design of public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhere to industry standards.
Systems Security Architecture
- Provide information security guidance and architectural support to customers throughout a project utilizing a risk-based approach.
- Advise on the implementation of security technologies to strengthen IT architecture.
- Work with system owners to ensure that appropriate security controls are designed and implemented.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Document and maintain a log of information security risks associated with projects.
- Support the management and maintenance of security elements to ensure strong configuration.
- Advise on the remediation or patching of vulnerabilities.
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting transportation at the state and national level.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related technical or engineering field or supplemental professional experience. Relevant experience can be substituted for degree.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a risk-based approach to securing applications, databases, or infrastructure.
- Demonstrated process orientation the ability to build repeatable and reusable processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of or experience with security architecture framework.
- Knowledge on threat landscape, security threat and vulnerability management, as well as security monitoring and analytics.
- Knowledge in compliance frameworks and requirements such as PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.
License and/or Certification Requirements:
CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CEH, Security or equivalent.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)