|Date Posted||January 11, 2019|
Our client in the Sacramento, CA Area is currently hiring a Security Architect. If you are interested in a great company to work at, a great career opportunity and meet the required qualifications please apply.
Requirements and Qualifications:The Security Architect is responsible for designing, building and overseeing the implementation of network and computer security. The Security Architect will be intimately involved in creating security systems and procedures, and ensuring they work. The Security Architect supports both tactical and strategic relationships with Information Services partners, technology and contracting vendors, suppliers, and internal and external business partners.
• Recommend ways to improve and update the security of company systems through technical controls (hardware and software), processes, and people.
• Plan, research, and design robust security architectures for Information Technology projects.
• Develop and/or review requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related network devices.
• Design and/or review public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures.
• Review installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers.
• Test final security structures to ensure they perform as expected.
• Perform security analysis and threat modelling of new features and technologies throughout the scrum development process.
• Perform manual and automated penetration tests across multiple web, mobile and client side applications.
• Analyze, validate, and remediate vulnerabilities discovered during penetration tests and vulnerability scanning.
• Lead and conduct web and mobile security assessments via industry standard assessment tools and methodologies.
• Provide technical supervision for team members and the department overall.
• Define, implement, and/or maintain corporate security policies and procedures and assist in the enforcement of these policies and procedures.
• Oversee security awareness programs and educational efforts.
• 5 years' of relevant IT experience, including exposure to business planning, system analysis and application development.
• 3 years' experience devoted to security development in areas such as risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
• Experience with ISO 27001/27002, ITIL, HITRUST, NIST and/or COBIT frameworks, Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems, Perimeter and Network security - Message security, DLP, IDS/IPS, remote access, NAC, firewall, network segmentation, etc., and router, switch and VLAN security; wireless security, Endpoint and application security - Static App testing/code review, Dynamic App testing, WAF, Database security, identity access management, rights management, etc.
• Experience with data security - classification, integrity monitoring, DLP, cleansing, encryption, etc., Security concepts related to DNS, routing, authentication, VPN, proxy services and DDOS mitigation technologies, practices and methods of IT strategy, enterprise architecture and security architecture, network security architecture development and definition.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Information Technology; Master's Degree preferred.
• Professional Certifications such as Information Security Certifications such as GSEC/GCIH/GCIA, CEH, ECSA, CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CSSA highly desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.