|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2018|
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Network Access Control(NAC) Security Engineer is responsible for the configuration, deployment, and management of the NAC solution. The engineer is responsible for monitoring, configuration changes, accounts, and software updates for the NAC solution. The engineer must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate issues within the enterprise. The engineer will work closely with other teams to ensure that the NAC is performing to standard.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
• Act as the subject matter expert for the customer’s NAC solution.
• Maintain NAC operations and document current environment.
• Create and maintain policies per customer direction to secure the enterprise.
• Work with internal teams to ensure policy is properly preventing unauthorized network access.
• Creation of technically detailed reports on the status of the NAC to include metrics on the number of potentially rouge assets, endpoint compliance, number of assets discovered, etc.
• Incorporate change management into all system changes.
• Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
• 5 plus years Information Technology experience with 3 plus years in Information Security
• Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security. Prefer experience with UNIX and/or Linux Server Administration.
• People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details.
• Experience with industry recognized NAC solutions such as Portnox, Identity Services Engine (CISCO, Network Access Control (ForeScout CounterACT), etc.
• Relevant IT certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, etc.
• Vendor certification in an NAC solution.
• Experience with change control policy and procedures.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
• Proven ability to effectively sell ideas and achieve agreement at all levels within the organization
• Strong analytical skills that show the ability to define, collect, analyses data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make fact based decisions
• Good communication and selling skills, flexibility; and a good listener
• Track record of success in planning and implementing projects
• Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely with limited supervision
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred or commensurate relevant work experience
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
• SSCP or Equivalent (CISSP preferred)
• Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures
• The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary
• Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment
• Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone
• Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determined by manager
FLSA (US Only): Exempt