|Date Posted||September 21, 2018|
Success Factors: The successful Security Architect will become our security Subject Matter Expert (SME) in driving company products to be more secure from an architectural and design perspective. S/he will have a strong technical systems security knowledge and will continually stay abreast of new security vulnerabilities and mitigation steps. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of providing security focused guidance in a matrixed organization. This individual must have strong internal and external customer interfacing skills since s/he will share their knowledge and expertise with others.
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for maintaining and advancing the security of our products along with sustaining our security compliance programs. Leverages his/her knowledge internally and with our partners and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with other Software Architects and Developers to ensure security vulnerabilities are addressed in new SW architectures and designs.
- Provides technical guidance to other Software Architects and Software Developers on how to resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Assesses security of existing products and develops mitigation/remediation plans.
- Selects, reviews, and coordinates the application of security controls with the engineering team.
- Advises the engineering team on development roadmap efforts necessary to meet security requirements.
- Assists with and/or conducts vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Analyzes scan/pen test results and develop mitigation/remediation plans.
- Identifies other security standards and publications that are strategic for company product compliance.
- Prepares system architecture diagrams and other documentation related to organizational and system security deliverables.
- Collaborates with Product Management to define the security roadmap for our products.
- Actively participates on our Security Cross Functional Team / Security Council.
- Provides security related pre-sale consultation to our sales team and customers on an as-needed basis.
- Support company objectives to be thought leaders in security.
- Limited travel; less than 20%.