|Date Posted||January 6, 2018|
Contract to Hire
Sr. UNIX Engineer
6+ months Contract-to-Perm
Responsibilities / Technical skills:
- Provide remote support to Mission Critical servers on Red Hat Linux (5,6,7)
- Should have experience on HP & IBM server hardware & VxRack
- Should have experience on Installation, configuration and upgrade of Redhat linux servers.
- Experience of Storage & VM migrations on RedHat Linux servers
- Troubleshooting of servers for LVM, RPM, Networking, cluster, hypervisor issues.
- Applying Patches to Redhat servers and firmware upgrades to hardware components
- Experienced in Redhat virtualization – Xen, KVM, RHEV and Redhat clustering, VmWare and VxRack
- Experienced in Redhat server builds, Virtualization setup and cluster configuration
- Management of network solution such as TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, ldap client, Bonding, etc.
- Experience with Disaster recovery planning, implementation and execution.
- Proficiency on Shell Scripting (sh, bash or ksh)
- Knowledge on systems Automations and capacity planning.
- Monitor system and application performance to detect errors; apply testing procedures/methodologies (e.g., diagnostic software) and provide interpretation of data.
- Provide a root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problem and for high severity incidents
- Provide input during client strategic planning (as required) as part of technical expertise.
- Develop documentation including the use of flowcharts, project specifications, or diagrams.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing customer-focused quality service.
- Knowledge on ITIL / ITSM and usage in day to day work.
- Flexible working in shifts including night shifts and provide weekend support