|Date Posted||June 19, 2019|
Contract to Hire
Sr. Solution Architect
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Public Trust, ability to obtain Secret
Responsible for supporting capture solution development, customer shaping, technical design and architecture, solution pricing, proposal writing and delivery. Leads the identification and development of tools, technology, methods, services and solutions that positions customer as a recognized leader for our Federal Clients. Engages with teaming partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our proposed solutions. Provides designs to support large scale and complex IT infrastructure, systems integration, cloud service, information security. Ensures that all design artifacts and proposal deliverable s are developed to the highest quality standards.
Responsible for ensuring that the Federal strategy for IT infrastructure, Cloud, and security services is efficiently and effectively defined and implemented within the portfolio practice. Provides leadership and creativity in new business capture and proposal development. Identifies and develops company discriminators that can lead to improved win probability in federal contract pursuits. Provides thought leadership internally and externally in the IT Infrastructure services, Cloud services, security services, and IT Service Management domains. Communicates capabilities with market and clients. Assumes a proactive and direct role for developing and cultivating business opportunities and establishing engagements to ensure profitable revenue growth.
Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy. Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with customers third-party vendors and other business units. Leverages these relationships to the best advantage in supporting client requirements.
- Master's degree and 15 years of related work experience or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years of recent experience in large size business captures and proposals with a good winning record.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in proposal solution design and proposal writing.
- In-depth experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions and service management solutions. Experienced in developing to-be-architecture, concept of operations, and transformation roadmaps
- Strong capability and extensive experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired time frame.
- Experience of leading or supporting the architectural design and development in multiple of the following areas: cloud, network, storage, compute, database, security, mobility, analytics, and data center technologies applicable for large federal client organizations.
- Experienced in developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM) development.
- Knowledge/Understanding on a broad spectrum of technology areas, including cloud solution design, cloud migration and operation, IT service management, data center modernization, advanced networking, mobility, unified communication, and information security.
- Strong intellectual curiosity in exploring and learning new technologies, technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Ability to leverage current industry, technical knowledge, and entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to support pre-sales activities.
- Experienced in delivering presentations, leading meeting discussions with customers and team members at all levels, authoring presentations and whitepaper for conferences or opportunity shaping.
- Experience architecting solutions around cloud architecture. Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with VMware or Microsoft virtualization solutions
- Experience with DevOp solutions and associated management solutions, such as Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of networking infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, SDN, SDWAN, etc.
- Knowledge of major enterprise ITSM tools, system management tools, system and app monitoring tools, Network Management System (NMS), and IT automation tools.
- Solid understanding of Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Software Defined Infrastructure solutions.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- Experience architecting and delivering solutions for large programs around cloud architecture. Cloud certification (Azure or AWS is preferred). Strong experience with public and hybrid cloud management solutions, including migration, cloud pricing, metering, billing, monitoring, provisioning, backup, disaster recovery, configuration management, cloud DevOps.
- Prior experience leading a portfolio of Infrastructure, Cloud, information security, and IT service management practices as a Program Manager, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Engineer, or Chief Architect.
- Experience with cyber security strategy and ability to design and architect information security solutions
- DoD experience and DoD clearance
- PMP certified
- CISSP certified
- ITIL certified
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans