|Location||Schriever Air Force Base, CO|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
Description of Duties:
The Boundary Protection Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Support the IT Services organization on the IRES contract.
- Conduct technology research, trade studies/analysis, design, configuration, installation, and test and implementation of IT network firewall and intrusion detection systems.
- Develop detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans.
- Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration/Change Management process, to successful implementation and test, for transition to operations and maintenance (O&M).
- Patching and updates coordination and execution support.
- Work with Palo Alto Panorama management systems.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Derive system-level requirements from customer needs, project objectives, and architectural standards.
- Implement remote sites Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama configurations templates.
- Design, support and implement PALO Alto Firewalls and CNDSP services into remote sites attaching to the MDA transport network environment.
Some off-hours support needed for specified event support.
This position is located at Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO or Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL.
This position will be posted for two weeks ending on 19 June 2019. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 16 years of general experience; Associates degree and 14 years of general experience; Bachelors degree and 12 years of general experience; Masters degree and 10 years of general experience.
- General experience must include 8 years directly related experience
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have a DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level II certification (e.g., CISSP, CASP, CSSLP)
- Familiarity in Internet Protocols, Next Generation Firewall Palo Alto, troubleshooting and networking (LAN/WAN), TCP/IP, UDP & Multicast, OSPF.
- PAN-Ace Certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Palo Alto next generation firewall
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Associate (PCCSA) certification
- Familiarity with Riverbed WAN Accelerators, Netscout, and the Remedy Action Request System.
- Familiarity with MDA missions and customers a plus.
- Design Engineering principles and practice, including Engineering Review Board representation,
- Design and depiction of Government categorized drawing representations.
- Experience with Remedy and Change Management environment and process(es)
- Proficient in Linux Cent-OS
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>