|Date Posted||February 1, 2019|
Starting salary is between approx. $109,200 and $125,528 annually, depending on qualifications.
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm on February 11, 2019
Apply online at http://wisc.jobs, Job Announcement Code 19-00304
Applications submitted through other sources (such as email, a job advertising site, etc.) will not be considered.
What We're Looking For: The Division of Management Services, Bureau of Information Security Management is currently seeking a seasoned and highly-dynamic leader to help drive strategic information security (IS) initiatives that will ensure the agency has the protections and controls to effectively provide outstanding security for our members. We're looking for someone who is comfortable setting a strategic vision and inspiring change, who can bring strong business insight, and understands how to strategically balance Department-wide IS needs with individual concerns and priorities of divisions and offices.
Who We Are: The Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) manages retirement, insurance, and other benefit programs for 600,000+ state and local government employees and retirees of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS).
Position Summary: As the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will serve as a senior manager within the Department and be responsible for protecting our members' and employers' personal information. You will also have a critical role in helping to ensure the approximately $100 billion trust fund is protected from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction. In addition, you will manage and supervise IS staff, including hiring, coaching, and training. You will institute enterprise security policies and training and an information security risk management program.
In this role, you will lead the agency in the adoption and use of strong security measures to protect ETF's sensitive information, systems, and resources, while balancing this with the ease of staff and stakeholder access to sensitive information and the efficient use of computer systems.
Minimally Qualified candidates will have experience with the following:
- Directly supervising and managing eight (8) or more diverse IT/IS staff, including development and implementation of unit objectives. Supervisory duties must include personnel management, human resources activities, and directing work;
- Providing IS management and project leadership and oversight (i.e. performing risk analysis, developing requirements, risk detection and response, scoping of work, delivering high value security controls and protections, or similar functions);
- Excellent clear and effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Serving as the IS subject matter authority for an entire organization.
Highly Qualified candidates will also have experience with the following:
- Leading the implementation and support of formal IS frameworks;
- Presenting, informing, and persuading high level external stakeholders such as board members;
- Significant experience as an IT/IS manager.
How to Apply: In order to be considered, you must apply through the State of Wisconsin’s employment website, http://wisc.jobs. Your cover letter and resume will be evaluated by one or more subject matter experts and the most qualified applicants will be asked to participate in the next step of the selection process.
What We Offer: We offer a team-oriented work environment with talented and experienced IS and IT professionals and opportunities for challenges that will enhance your professional career. We also offer a great culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance, and an on-site fitness center, with access to showers. As an employee of the state of Wisconsin, you'll also have access to an amazing benefits package that includes ample paid time off, excellent health benefits, and participation in the fully funded WRS, which is considered among the best in the country!