|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2019|
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Job Title: Compliance Analyst
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Perform multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level compliance assessments based on predefined test objectives and test plans.
- Perform retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies.
- Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively.
- Conduct, and report IT compliance assessments in accordance with industry best practices and established regulatory standards (NIST SP800-53, SP800-115, SOX, NERC CIP v5).
- May support development of test procedures and/or document recommendations for test plan modifications that improve validation of control objectives
- Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business.
- Contributor role in harmonizing controls and validating controls are operating effectively.
- Review test results or interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
- Identify risks associated with control failures and supports the identification of mitigating controls
- Advise system owners on opportunities to improve internal control environment
- Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment
- Capture and report metrics for services and activities delivered to customers and/or as part of internal initiatives.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure IT Compliance meets its commitments to customers.
- Support the IT Compliance Sr. Manager/Manager and more experienced team members as needed.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of general IT experience, including 3+ years of IT security or IT risk management experience
- CISSP-Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of network and systems security, system and network configuration, and application security
- Solid understanding of general computing controls (GCCs)
- Able to identify complex control gaps.
- Solid understanding of generally applicable and accepted auditing standards and framework (e.g. COBIT) and best practices for IT services management (e.g., ITIL), government guidelines and laws (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley Act, NERC/CIP)
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Able to multi-task projects or assessments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Utility Industry Experience
- Big 4 experience
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley or North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) v5
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).