|Date Posted||June 20, 2020|
Cyber Security Applications Engineer
Oakland, CA (WFH until SIP is lifted and/or on-going WFH-remote)
Long-term/Open-ended Consulting Role
Pay Rate: $80-110/hr (C2C/W2 ok!)
Certification Requirements: CISSP
Job Description: Kelly IT is working w/ the massively successful, largest dental plan system in the US, aiding them in a direct search for a skilled Cyber Security Applications Engineer. The Cyber Security Applications Engineer is responsible for analyzing business needs for security for a wide range of enterprise projects and partnering with Technology, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, and Business Capability teams to design, recommend, and verify implementation of risk-appropriate and achievable cyber risk guidance. The role includes partnering with Enterprise Security Architects to define requirements for enterprise information security solutions such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, and security event information management and subscribe technology projects to such platforms to address the current and emerging security needs of the business. This role requires the individual to have knowledge across multiple security domains and in-depth expertise in 2-3 core security topics such as application security, authentication & authorization, data protection, and micro-services security. Experience in designing and developing secure solution designs in multiple environments such as cloud, on premise, and third-party hosted infrastructures is required. The Cyber Security Solutions Engineer holistically addresses cyber risk by developing policies, hardening baselines, standards, and educating development community about cyber risk. The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience, leadership skills, and customer orientation as the role requires the constant communication and customer interfacing.
- Deep understanding of at least two security domains (In-depth expertise in 2-3 core security topics such as application security, authentication & authorization, data protection)
- Requires knowledge and experience in providing security requirements for custom developed web applications and micro-services.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations Acumen with application and business logic embedded in business systems
- Possession of a holistic view of threat, vulnerability, and risk as well as their relationship
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP
- Experience employing offensive security skills including red teaming, phishing, exploit development, and other tactics
- Proven ability to effectively communicate findings and mitigation strategies to stakeholders and develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Team work and ability to promote a working environment that increases collaboration, predictability, transparency and promotes a culture of experimentation and innovation
- Effective and consistent collaboration through available mediums that enable remote team communication
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team and promote team diversity
- Certification Requirements: Must have a valid CISSP
By partnering with Kelly® IT, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.