|Date Posted||July 23, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to work in our Charleston, SC office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Security engineer and/or architect providing Security Architecture Support and/or Cloud Security Architecture support services.
- Provides expertise on computer engineering and computer systems analysis
- Support the development of an Enterprise wide Security Architecture and the design of a security model
- Assess network/systems optimizations and vulnerabilities for executive level decisions.
- Analysis of security services (Infrastructure, application, Identity) of existing and planned Cloud infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS)
- Identify gaps in security services
- Serves as the SME in support of network, loT, IT, and security) planning, cloud security, network design and hosting environment implementation.
- Assist in the security engineering reviews of solutions, projects and programs for operational and developmental systems that are being researched, designed and reviewed
- Provide guidance, program plans, and security engineering and framework support for Software Assurance, Mobile Device Security (Mobility), Remote Access Solutions, and Personal Identity Verification (PIV)
- Provide recommendations and guidance on secure baseline configurations, such as the Defense Information Security FAA (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and support identification, development, and documentation of deviations from these baseline configurations for all assets, including network devices, desktops, and mobile devices
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from ABET accredited university/technical college in Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline
- 1 - 15 years of experience in supporting accredited Cyber Security Service Providers, Network Operations Security Centers, Computer Incident Response Teams or National Security Agency certified Cyber Red Teams.
- 1-10 years of technical experience supporting CND analysis, incident response, vulnerability analysis, cyber forensics, cyber threat intelligence, software reverse engineering, malware analysis or penetration testing. Experience can be concurrent.
- Must have at least one active security certification that is compliant with 8570 Categories of CSSP Auditor, CSSP Analyst, CSSP Manager, CSSP Incident Responder, CSSP Infrastructure Support, IASAE I or IASAE II.
- List of eligible certs:
- CASP+ CE, CCISO, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA-Security, CEH, CFR, CHFI, CISA, CISM, CISSP (or Associate), CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSMP, Cloud+, CND, CSSLP, CySA+ **, GCFA, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, GSNA, SCYBER, SSCP
- Experience reviewing technical requirements and translating concepts to business language.
- Experience providing high-level design and architecture drawings, technically validating solutions and connecting business, data, security, systems, and other technical and non-technical architectures
- Experience developing SW/IT solutions to complex technical problems regarding integration and deployment of large-scale systems
- Experience with Windows Server administration to include detailed knowledge of Active Directory and other core Windows services
- Experience implementing DISA STIG requirements for Microsoft and Linux operating systems, services and applications
- Experience with Data at Rest, envelope security procedures and methodologies, HSDP 12, and pattern of life
- Experience evaluating technical gaps or deficiencies and identifying as obstacles to achieving the organizations vision.
- Experience evaluating business processes to document and recommending improvements to again efficiencies
- Experience leading or supporting projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering and Security Operations
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Experience presenting to clients using multiple platforms (MS PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Ability to take a leadership role conducting evaluations and analysis of the current security architecture and coordinating meetings with key stakeholders across the enterprise to create consensus for the desired end-state architecture.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to change quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment and produce work products independently
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation for systems, services and applications
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation
- Able to documents and implements change requests; evaluate change requests for potential impacts.
- Able to maintain, update VMware infrastructure, guests and gold image templates
- Able to perform light programming/scripting to support automation
- Familiarity with open architecture principles and cyber security architecture principles that achieve cybersecurity framework goals
- 8570 IASAE Level II – ¬CISSP certification
- OS certification (MCSE or CCDP equivalent is preferred).
- DoD 8140 Category – CSSP Incident Responder
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.