|Date Posted||June 18, 2019|
I have a great opportunity for a Director of Internal IT Audit to be part of a great organization who prides themselves for providing internal growth and a balanced and positive environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Internal Audit IT risk assessment process and assist in developing a risk-based audit plan.
- Execute the IT audit plan which includes IT ICFR (SOX 404), IT operations audits, and advisory projects such as pre and post implementation reviews, process improvement, targeted risk assessments, and policy/procedures evaluations.
- Direct IT audit engagements from risk assessments, audit planning, testing, assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company's IT controls, to reporting.
- Report audit findings and recommendations to management.
- Monitor and assist with the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Develop valuable and positive relationships with the CIO, CFO, IT and business leaders by offering valuable and practical insight on complex issues impacting systems, infrastructure, and technology.
- Provide oversight and management of the ITGC assurance program to ensure efficient execution and effective collaboration with external auditors.
- Manage IT audit staff, including co-sourcing resources.
- Collaborate with in-house internal audit for an integrated audit approach.
- Directly manage IT audit staff and foster a productive and positive environment.
- Responsible for materials used in presentations to senior executives and the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Plan and execute audits in a professional manner and in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Perform special audits/reviews at the request of management and the Vice President of Internal Audit.
The ideal candidate will be a professional who:
- Has a broad understanding of business strategy, functions, processes, and related IT operations and systems.
- Has strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively assesses risks, identifies weaknesses, and makes recommendations designed to address root causes.
- Functions as a "hands-on" leader working side-by-side with the team to achieve goals.
- Effectively manages relationships with staff at various levels, from the front line to the C-suite.
- Has excellent communication skills, presents and clearly articulates complex technical information to management outside IT.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Drives effective teams as well as manages, motivates, and develops people.
- Is self-motivated and takes pride in the team's results.
- Enjoys an environment of empowerment and responsibility.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Minimum 8 years of related professional experience, including 3 or more years in a managerial, supervisory, or leadership role.
- A degree and/or professional certification in IT operations and auditing related fields (e.g., MIS, accounting, finance, computer science, CISA, CISSP, CIA).
- Strong knowledge and application of internal audit and IT audit standards and practices (e.g., IIA, ISACA) and industry accepted IT Governance standards (e.g., COBIT).
- Experience working with or auditing IT applications, databases, platforms, and networks.
- Experience with core IT general control processes (i.e., Information Security, Change Management, System Development Lifecycle, IT Operations, etc.)
- Detailed or working knowledge of ERP applications (Mincron, NxTrend a plus), database (Oracle, SAP, DB2, SQL, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence), operating systems (UNIX, iSeries AS/400, Windows), and network systems (IDS, IPS, firewalls).
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e., Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).