|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Job ID: 152559
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
This position works closely with the other members of the IT department to develop and implement a comprehensive information security program. This includes participating in the definition of security policies, processes, and standards. The incumbent works with the IT team to define processes and standards and to select and deploy solutions to meet specific security requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with business units and other risk functions to identify security requirements, using methods that may include risk and business impact assessments.
- Assist in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation.
- Work with information security leadership to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks.
- Play an advisory role in application development or acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls, and to ensure that security controls are implemented as planned.
- Report to company management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends information security related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
- Read and understand system data, including, but not limited to, security and network event logs, syslogs, and firewall logs.
- Propose changes/improvements to processes and procedures that will improve operational efficiency, provide better service, etc.
- Assess potential risks and vulnerabilities and provide actionable recommendations to prevent them.
- Assist in performing risk and security assessments to identify control weaknesses and recommend remedial actions for any issues found.
- Perform ongoing reviews of all security activities and reports providing technical security oversight to detect meaningful data versus non-threatening anomalies.
- Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, stand and federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security. Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommend appropriate changes. Assists in the development of security architecture and security policies, principles and standards.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for an Information Security Analyst position, the following conditions must be met:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related.
- Tertiary qualifications in information or IT security, industry qualifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or equivalent, or capable of obtaining CISSP or equivalent within one year.
- 3-5 years of technology experience, including troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of complex IT solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with automated testing and build tools is a plus.
- Experience in security incident management processes and tools.
- Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows) and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances, identity and access management systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.