|Location||Florham Park, NJ|
|Date Posted||May 17, 2019|
The Information Security Architect (ISA) creates security architecture standards, frameworks, and roadmaps; and also provides project lifecycle information security support to designated application development and other internal teams. The person who fills this role will define overall strategy and multi-year actionable roadmaps for systems that support CVS Health’s security program including, Cloud & Premise based Security technologies, (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, NAC, VPN, SIEM, Wireless, Mobility, Proxy, etc.). Security Architect will write or contribute to Risk & Compliance Management (Minimum Security Baselines, Policies and Standards. The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of emerging technologies, evolving threats, and the competitive landscape for security tools, infrastructure and managed services. The ability to effectively communicate and present strategy to senior executives and both technical and non-technical audiences is a must.
This role will also:
- Develop roadmaps for creating the next generation of Security system platforms.
- Conduct research on software/systems, drive proof of concepts, engage in strategy decisions
- Participate in technology boards as needed
- Work with other Security Architects, Privacy, Compliance and the Risk Management teams to report any Risk exceptions / Business variances and help remediate them according to the CVS Health guidelines.
This role will help Policy management teams update the respective Security policies and standards documents.
The Information Security Architect assists other application teams and IS functions in the following areas: Provide ad-hoc security advice; Support technical risk assessments; Assist Security Incident Response Teams in the investigation of incidents, if needed; Assist the system development and infrastructure units in identifying IS risks and the appropriate controls for development, day-to-day operation, and emerging technologies. Additional skills critical to this role: In-depth, hands-on understanding and application architectures and technology (including web applications, mobile technology, web 2.0 technology, identity and access management); Thorough understanding of industry and corporate technology standards for Information Security; Strong understanding of business processes in support of online and mobile channels for retail industries; Strong judgment and decision-making skills; Excellent skills in preparing and present strategies, recommendations, and value propositions to senior leadership teams.
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant security domain experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in network and perimeter security
- A minimum of 3 years in an architecture role
- Demonstrated expertise in integrating/developing security solutions in a 7x24 production environment
- Prior experience in defining the technology strategy for a large, global organization, and the ability to influence and persuade peers and colleagues in other reporting structures
- Bachelors Degree or a high school diploma/GED and equivalent work experience required.