|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Information Security Consultant for a contract position in Golden Valley, MN. Opportunity will be six months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
- Five (5)+ years of Information Security experience is required; including three (3) years of FISMA related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or equivalent. Master's Degree in a related field a plus.
- Hold in good standing at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to balance security needs with mission/business needs.
- Specialized knowledge and experience with the implementation of the NIST Special Publication (SP) 800 family of publications, particularly those associated with the Risk Management Framework.
- Specialized knowledge and experience with evaluating system, network, or infrastructure security controls against requirements such as FISMA, NIST, MARS-E, HIPPA, SSA and IRS standards.
- Knowledge and experience with incident management and vulnerability management.
- Strong understanding of how to manage risk profile for large organizations required to meet federal privacy and security requirements while maintaining a tolerable risk level.
- Strong understanding of security architectures, operating systems, databases, networks, applications, and security tools.
- Knowledge and experience with information security and assurance principles (e.g., Defense-in-depth) and associated supporting technologies and architectures.
- Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security threats in an operational environment
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!