|Location||Golden Valley, Minnesota|
|Date Posted||September 26, 2019|
LOGIS is seeking an Information Security Specialist who will be responsible for the security related to the LOGIS and member networks, systems, hardware, software, and business applications. This includes policy and procedure review, security planning, risk and vulnerability assessments, event analysis and monitoring, forensics, along with identification and resolution of security incidents. This positions consults with members to review their security needs along with assisting LOGIS and members in compliancy efforts such as, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and Payment Card Industry (PCI) industry best practices, regulations and compliancy requirements.
- Ability to review configurations of network devices for LOGIS and members. These devices include firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), routers, switches, Wi-Fi, and other.
- Manage security appliances and software including SIEM, IDS, anti-malware, file change notification systems, and other.
- Analyze notifications, logs and reports from security appliances such as SIEM, IDS, and honey pot systems.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and testing of critical infrastructure and applications identifying risks and subsequent remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Perform security audits and risk assessments on LOGIS and member networks, systems, hardware, software, and business applications.
- Research and recommend security products and solutions for LOGIS and members.
- Participate and guide the security compliancy efforts of LOGIS and work with members to complete CJIS, HIPAA, PCI, and other compliancy requirements.
- Participate in the implementation and operation of information security solutions and technologies related to the protection, detection, response, and containment within the LOGIS or member networks, systems, hardware, software, and business applications.
- Provide security consulting to LOGIS members.
- Review and recommend security management controls, practices and changes to LOGIS management.
- Review and monitor system configurations as they relate to security settings, such as directories, shares, permissions, patches, access, users, etc.
- Review, monitor, and recommend changes in database security.
- Perform forensics analysis on networks, systems, and applications as required.
- Perform training classes, seminars, and presentations on information security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Security or related field from an accredited technical vocational school, college or university.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification(s) required.
- Through knowledge of networking infrastructure and operating systems including Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Working knowledge of secure coding practices, ethical hacking, and threat modeling.
- Minimum of five-years of experience supporting and maintaining security in a large environment supporting servers and distributed sites utilizing a Wide Area Network (WAN).
LOGIS provides top tier software, application support, and complete network services to over 50 member governmental agencies in Minnesota. The mission of LOGIS is to facilitate leading-edge, effective and adaptable public sector technology solutions through the sharing of ideas, risks and resources in a member-driven consortium.
LOGIS offers medical, dental, vision, and life insurance along with employer-paid short term disability and long term disability. LOGIS employees are members of the Public Employees Retirement Association pension plan.