|Location||Shady Side, MD|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2019|
Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nations most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.
Jacobs is seeking a Senior Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) in Columbia, MD. Duties will include:
- Performs and reviews technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforces the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content
#cjpost#BCG Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or 4 years experience in lieu of degree plus eight (8) to twelve (12) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- IA System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) experience, to include recent experience within the last five years, with Defense-in-Depth principles and technology, including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), network and enterprise security architecture
- Two years of experience applying security risks assessment methodology to system development, including threat model development, vulnerability assessments, and resulting security risk analysis
- Knowledge of Federal, NSA, IC, and DoD Information Security regulations, publications, and policy
- CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP Certification
- Active TS/SCI with current polygraph
- Strong presentation, report writing and customer interface skills
- Familiarity with various operations systems such as Microsoft Windows, various versions of UNIX (AIX, Solaris, HPUX, etc), and Linux
- Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP and other major protocols (i.e. NetBEUI, NETBIOS, IPX/SPX) and the inherent weaknesses of the protocols
- An understanding of a typical secure topology and architecture for a site connected to the Internet (i.e. routers, firewalls, web servers)
- Understanding of how to read and interpret a network diagram and identify possible security related concerns
- The ability to keep a robust security skill set current and to work on multiple projects concurrently
Essential Functions:Physical Requirements:
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment.
- The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures.
- The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements.
- Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>