|Location||Rancho Cordova, CA|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2019|
Contract to Hire
Volt has an opening for an Internal Auditor for a client in Rancho Cordova, CA. We are looking for an IT Auditor with experience in NIST and ISO and must have certifications like CISA, CISM, CISSP. Volt's Client is the leading provider of vision care and coverage and they are committed to providing superior eye care and services that create members for life.
This is a 6 months contract to hire role and candidate must have certifications like CISA, CISM, CISSP.
With minimal supervision, performs complex professional accounting work in the recording and reporting of financial transactions. Prepares financial statements, insurance department and other regulatory filings, and performs analyses. Exercises direct or indirect supervision and training of technical and clerical personnel.
- Ensures the timely and accurate posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger for each entity.
- Prepares work papers, financial statements, and various reports for internal accounting and auditing.
- Researches and analyzes fluctuations between current financial results compared to prior year, prior month, and budgeted amounts.
- Works with independent auditors and insurance department auditors to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Prepares insurance department quarterly and annual statements including the conversion from GAAP accounting to statutory accounting.
- Recommends changes in accounting systems and procedures.
- Assist business partners with budget activity, proper expenditure coding, document preparation, and other accounting-related activities.
- Reviews the work completed by the bookkeepers, bank reconciles and accounts payable clerks to ensure accurate financial transactions.
- Assists in the training of technical and clerical personnel.
- This auditor role will be within IT space and an Internal IT Auditor. Resource needs to be adaptable, see big picture in risk assessment.
- Must understand the controls around IT systems access and rights management.
- Experience with NIST, ISO, etc. is needed. Understanding of GRC, CSF, BYOD on mobile. Ability to create work streams is a must. Any experience with the Big 3 is great - SOX, HIPPA and PCI.
- Experience in control testing of Cyber security, systems availability, networks
- Knowledge of COSO, COBIT, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 and NIST frameworks – HiTrust, and SOC1 & SOC2
- Experience in testing ITGCs an ITACs
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in spreadsheet applications
Clean credit history as reported by credit report
Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment the in performance of his/her job duties
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
In today’s job market, "who you know" matters more than ever - and that is why you should get to know Volt. We are one of the world’s largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at jobs.volt.com
Volt is an equal opportunity employer
Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.