|Date Posted||August 24, 2019|
Ref ID: 01120-9502143017
Classification: IT Security Engineer
Compensation: $100000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
Robert Half Technology IT Search is actively looking for a Security Engineer for a client located close to downtown Jacksonville. The Security Engineer will be responsible for building the security practices for a growing company with incredible opportunity for career progression. This is a direct hire opportunity!
For immediate consideration for this IT Security Engineer opportunity, please email an updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
• Develop security and related policies including auditing of the policies and vendors.
• Develops and maintains standards and operational documentation.
• Create and maintain system config, procedural and technical documentation.
• Provisions security per organization’s standards.
• Monitors environment daily to identify and resolve security related risks.
• Troubleshoots and resolves security incidents.
• Plans, coordinates, and executes tasks and requests as assigned.
• Perform all tasks in accordance with scheduling, change control, security and applicable operational policies and procedures including communicating with other teams when making changes.
• Design, develop, implement and deploy systems to support business objectives
• Collaborate with other infrastructure teams, developers, business analysts and other business stakeholders to determine requirements and design/deploy systems to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, performance and availability, capacity requirements, monitoring and alerting, capacity planning, and disaster recovery.
• Participate in enterprise-wide development, deployment and utilization of system and software provisioning tools.
• Act as escalation point from other teams.
• Provide on-call support for production incidents or issues outside normal working hours
• Evaluate, architect, build and support security infrastructure that detects and responds to threats including IPS, WAF, UTM, SIEM, and NSM systems
• Stay informed of new threats, identifying and piloting risk-reduction and mitigation technologies, and collaborate with engineer teams to get these protections into production without downtime
• Assess and mitigate risks across the enterprise
• Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of security measures and recommend enhancements
• Collaborate with technical teams to identify, resolve and mitigate vulnerabilities
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of prior hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
o Monitoring network-based IPS
o Network Access Control
o UTM and/or NextGen Firewalls
o Networking (Layer 2 and Layer 3 management)
o IAM & SSO
• Cloud Network Security experience preferred
• A complete understanding of the network engineering foundations of data center security
• Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social engineering, etc.)
• Experience with incident response and handling