|Date Posted||November 28, 2019|
The Network Security Engineer is a key part of a team that is responsible for maintaining company information security systems, processes, and procedures to protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all data and information systems.
In addition, this position will drive support for network security programs through security operations and documentation of all security related tasks, working very closely with security, network, infrastructure, and IT operations teams. It requires someone who has on-prem and cloud network security, and preferably infrastructure-as-code scripting experience.
They must be passionate about helping others, sharing, mentoring and training the people around them.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Maintaining Network Security Access Control systems (e.g., firewall policy recommendations, security incident and event management systems, anti-virus, user access logs).
• Implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of various networks.
• Improving and refining network security investigations, incident response capabilities, and post-response root cause analysis.
• Perform network vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
• Plan and coordinate the deployment of security and vulnerability patching to all computer systems.
• Implementing network security automation solutions, such as infrastructure scripts, security-as-code, and infrastructure-as-code.
• Testing and implementing new security technologies prior to deployment.
• Researching latest network vulnerability trends.
• Updating security documentation such as policies, standards, procedures, and support articles for multiple audiences.
• Influencing teams to develop systems and processes with security best practices in mind.