|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
JOB SUMMARY: The Security Architect will operate out of Rancho Bernardo, California office, reporting to the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer [CISO] this position plays a key role in the success of the Cyber Security Group. The person in this role will be responsible for various aspects related to the day to day operations of their specific team within the Cyber Security Group. These will include coordination with various matrix’d teams within the corporation and supporting vendors, as well as operation and maintenance of various capabilities that encompass the defense in depth services that support our customers. The person in this role will also assist internal Teams in driving client success by delivering Security, Compliance, Audit, Risk, Threat Intelligence, Web Services Security and Identity Management services, best practices, managing evolving risks / challenges, demonstrating thought leadership, continuous improvement while striking a balance between business needs, risk, and security requirements.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION(s): CISSP, CISA, CISM, ITIL, TOGAF, PMP, PgMP
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or six years of experience with increasing responsibility in an Information Security or Compliance role. Three or more years’ experience in a leadership role with multiple direct reports. Extensive knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 and NIST Risk Mgmt Framework. Ability to display a strong level of competency in OWASP and OASIS governance body bodies of work, with an emphasis on Web Services Security concepts and applications.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Management of day to day operations related to Security Architecture.
- Developing ongoing relationships with key customer stakeholders / partners.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical decision makers.
- Ability to work effectively with Enterprise Architecture team as a trusted advisor while bringing true business value via creative solutions, balanced against business requirements/drivers to ensure maximum utilization of existing capabilities or recommendations for new capabilities that drive our competitive advantage.
- Act as “subject matter expert” for assigned project work and other matrix’d teams.
- In depth understanding of:
- The ten domains or the CISSP framework.
- Project and Program dependency relationships, identification of implied requirements and technical feasibility constraints.
- OWASP Web Services Framework, tools, methodologies, how best to integrate and leverage into existing and planned architectures.
- OASIS Open Standards Framework, tools, methodologies, how best to integrate and leverage into existing and planned architectures.
- Middleware Services Framework(s) [middleware in the context of distributed applications and software that interrelate, communicate and manage data as a semi-autonomous entity].
- Java Message Service [JMS] Bus, queue and topic capabilities, tools, methodologies, how best to integrate and leverage into existing and planned architectures.
- Master Data Management Controls, tools, methodologies, how best to integrate and leverage into existing and planned architectures.
- Data Validation, Message Schema Validation, Data Taxonomy, Payload Inspection, Framework, tools, methodologies, how best to integrate and leverage into existing and planned architectures.
- Drives tasks to completion, reporting in 360 degree fashion in a proactive manner.
- Drive success and consensus with peers on the leadership team
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178