|Date Posted||September 21, 2018|
WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP OR THIRD PARTY REPRESENTATION FOR THIS POSITION.
Consultis, a premier Technical Recruiting Services Company with the single focus of pairing the right candidate with the right employment opportunity is currently searching for a FCS Cloud Security Engineer for a Contract opportunity with our Washington, DC based client.
The Security Engineer/Cloud Security Engineer role will be focused on working with the cloud enablement contractor to ensure that migrations of legacy applications to the cloud do not introduce security vulnerabilities and that the cloud environments supporting our federal civilian client meet all the security controls mandated under FISMA. This position is a trusted advisor position helping to take cloud security initiatives from requirements to implementation. This position will work collaboratively with a team of contractors to advance the maturity of cloud security and advance those initiatives for our Government client.
Required Qualification Or Skills
- Previous experience (at least 4 years) with performing security engineering in a cloud environment, specifically supporting IaaS, PaaS and SaaS architectures.
- Strong familiarity with the FedRAMP requirements.
- Deep understanding of how to rationalize the federal security requirements and decompose them to ensure the requirement baseline reflects the appropriate cloud context.
- Extensive experience in the negotiation and update of third-party cloud provider security validations and security/privacy related SLAs.
- Has been involved with risk reporting on behalf of a cloud environment.
- Understands the full security engineering lifecycle from requirements to deployment.
- Possesses experience with conducting technology trade studies for information security and/or privacy tools/products.
- Has very clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- BS degree (at minimum) in computer science or a related field.
- CISSP certification required (CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP highly preferred)
- At least 6 years of security engineering experience, 4 of which should have been supporting cloud environments.