|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
The Senior Security Engineer position requires the ability to actively contribute to the implementation, operations and support of
enterprise security solutions in a global multi data center environment.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the operational security function within ETG to develop, maintain and advance the security
posture of the company in order to adequately protect *** assets. Responsibilities include managing and enhancing the
effectiveness of current security tools and applications including firewall infrastructure, web content filtering technologies, VPN/network
gateway infrastructure, security SSL certificates, application and database firewalls, proxy / content gateway servers and supporting
PCI and other internal or external audit processes for the enterprise.
Supporting the implementation of corporate security policies, programs, and procedures to protect information systems' assets from
intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of
managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-data center environments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintain operational guidelines and processes to directly support ***'s security architecture and design.
2. Support existing security solutions and partner with the security engineering team for the implementation and integration of
any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
3. Ensure security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
4. Develop and maintain operating guidelines and procedures in support of ***'s policies, standards and guidelines.
5. Determine appropriate levels of security configuration, controls and monitoring.
6. Support the maintenance and deployment of new security solutions in multiple data centers.
7. Support incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from
compromising ***'s data and assets.
8. Understand the latest threat techniques and support appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
9. Support remote access and multi-factor technologies to internal/external users.
10. Overall central management of web filtering and internet proxy servers.
11. Work with peers and internal/external customers to support the enterprise approach to security.
12. Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
13. Perform ticket queue monitoring, resolution and prioritization, maintain diagrams and documentation as appropriate and
support firewall rule set reviews, auditing and maintenance activities
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management OR High School
Diploma with 8+ years relevant work experience.
Job Related Experience:
7+ years relevant technical experience preferred. Need excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
At least 3-5 years' experience working in a progressive information security operations or engineering group.
5+ years' experience in a large complex Checkpoint environment (complex financial environment preferred)
Proven hands-on experience with firewalls and knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection,
DMZ, encryption, IPSec, PKI, VPNs, MPLS/VPN, Site to Site VPN tunnels, SSL/VPN, proxy services, and DNS
Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience
Exposure to Client SOA XML gateways or Reactivity
Imperva DBF or WAF exposure
Network routing, switching, packet analysis
PCI DSS compliance knowledge
Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments
Exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization and business analysis skills.
Ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment.
Needs strong ability to multi-task and work effectively in a distributed and matrix oriented environment
Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications: CCNA,
CCSA, CISSP, Security+, Network+
Checkpoint VSX and Provider 1 experience, CCSA preferred.
CISSP certification preferred
Qualys experience desired
Tripwire / Symantec CSP experience desired
•** is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.