|Date Posted||January 12, 2019|
BAE Systems, Intelligence and Security is looking for a Senior Information Assurance Manager to join our Office of the Chief Information Officer team in McLean, VA.
- In this risk and compliance role, you will perform a wide range of compliance and assurance activities serving as the primary liaison for I&S driving improvements in cybersecurity control and governance processes.
- Manage and coordinate all internal Cybersecurity control audits of sector-managed information technology environments including coordinating conferences / interviews, facilitating data / information requests, assessing audit conclusions / reports for accuracy and completeness, assisting management with review and response to audit findings, and providing status updates to senior management as needed.
- Lead projects to improve the risk and control environment through ad hoc control / compliance assessments, increasing awareness and knowledge of internal and regulatory compliance requirements, and identifying ways to streamline or improve the control environment without increasing overall risk.
- Review planned corrective actions for adequacy and monitor open recommendations and plans of actions and milestones (POAMs) for timely completion.
- Collaborate with Inc. cybersecurity team, management and other stakeholders to maintain awareness of changes in risk profiles, promote the awareness of risk and compliance initiatives and deliberate options in addressing emerging risks.
- Provides advisory and investigation support to management and IT Business Partners as needed.
- Conducts Cybersecurity controls audits by examining and verifying IT procedures and documentation, settings, reports, and evidence of compliance to determine the reliability and effectiveness of the IT Cybersecurity controls. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management. Evaluate and recommend improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a related Information Technology field
- CISSP Certification.
- 8+ years of relevant, hands on experience working with and / or supporting IT Operations and Service Delivery as technical support staff or manager.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IT solutions engineering and deployment.
- Solid understanding of information security frameworks and IT audit methodologies.
- Proficient with a broad knowledge of IT operations and technologies such as Network Infrastructure technologies (WAN/MAN/LAN), Cybersecurity, Active Directory, Backup & Recovery, Data Center, Messaging, Mobile Technologies, Remote Access, Storage, Operating Systems, Virtualization Services, SDLC and IT Service Desk.
- Ability to evaluate and assess enterprise-wide risk in order to give audit findings appropriate weight.
- Experience contributing to risk-based solutions structured around business priorities.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's degree preferably with an emphasis in cybersecurity, information systems, computer science, business, or related field.
- Certification in one or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.