|Location||St. Cloud, MN|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2019|
Senior Information Security Specialist (ITS 4 – Information Security)
Salary range: $30.08 - $49.62/hourly; $62,807 - $103,606/annually
Application deadline: 8/12/2019
Apply at: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
MMB Job ID: 34533
For consideration, you must apply through the State of Minnesota’s new online job application system at http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/. All resumes submitted through the State of Minnesota’s online job application system will be reviewed for verification of qualifications.
Applications submitted through other sources (such as email, a job advertising site, etc.) will not be considered.
This position exists to provide expert-level IT security administrative and technical guidance as well as design and implement information security program initiatives under the framework established by the Systems Supervisor (Chief Information Security Officer). The ITS 4 (Senior Information Security Specialist) serves as a subject matter expert and participant in the planning, implementation and monitoring of enterprise IT system, business operation and facility defenses against IT security breaches and vulnerability issues. This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems and providing subject matter expertise on security policies, activities and standards. This position serves as a contact for all IT security issues on campus and is the primary individual responsible for communicating and training on topics related to information security at the University. To maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all University information systems, The ITS 4 (Senior Information Security Specialist) designs, implements and monitors the security and business continuity requirements levied by the Systems Supervisor (Chief Information Security Officer), department and institution procedures and policies, Minnesota State policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and business and industry standards.
· CISSP certification; to be considered for this position you must have current CISSP certification or obtain CISSP certification within your probationary period
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field and 5 years of related experience specifically with information security, policy writing, information system and network security such as identity management principles, application development security, computer/server security, virus/spyware/malware, computer crime and computer identity theft or experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of information security standards (eg., ISO 27001/27002, etc) rules, regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, MGDPA etc.)
· Demonstrated experience with implementing information security controls pertaining to PCI, HIPAA, FERPA regulations.
· Demonstrated experience in performing IT assessments and risk assessments.
· Demonstrated experience in developing awareness campaigns.
· Demonstrated experience in performing business continuity program operations.
· Demonstrated experience in performing vendor management activities.
· Ability to maintain knowledge of department and institution procedures and policies, Minnesota State policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and business and industry standards.
· Ability to maintain awareness of global technology security issues and threats.
· Strong written communication skills sufficient to write, prepare, and edit materials such as memos, procedures, reports, presentations, etc., using correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence construction and clearly explaining complex technical ideas and procedures to varied technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong verbal communication skills sufficient to participate in discussions and presentations to communicate technical ideas, procedures and training to technical and non-technical staff and managers and present recommendations and reports to senior managers.
· Customer services skills sufficient to actively listen to and understand customer needs and provide accurate information and appropriate alternatives in a timely, thorough, courteous, respectful, and professional manner in person, over the phone and in writing.
· Professional experience in higher education
· Additional data security professional certifications
St. Cloud State University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. The State offers the Minnesota Advantage Health Plan to all benefits-eligible State employees. Under Advantage, you will receive comprehensive health benefits and excellent medical care. Advantage also gives you control over your personal medical care costs and flexibility in choosing your health care providers. The State also offers comprehensive dental insurance as well as several elective optional coverages. In addition, the Information Technology Services department offers flexible work scheduling and casual dress.
ABOUT ST. CLOUD, MN:
St. Cloud offers big-city culture and small-town charm on the banks of the Mississippi River in Central Minnesota. Also called "The Granite City," St. Cloud is Central Minnesota's hub for arts, entertainment, health care and education. The university campus is within walking distance of theater, live music, and more. The St. Cloud metropolitan area is 24th on Forbes magazine's 2014 “Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers." The City of St. Cloud has earned awards for livability, city services and amenities. Local mass transit is free for St. Cloud State employees on the MetroBus system. The MetroBus station near campus makes it easy to get to and from local malls. Through much of the year, there is a weekly farmers' market where you can buy locally-grown food. Located an hour northwest of the world-class arts, entertainment and shopping of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the University is also just a short drive from the best of what Mother Nature has to offer - including lakes, forests and rivers.
St. Cloud State University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Dr. Ellyn Bartges. For additional information, contact the Office for Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102.