|Location||Suitland-Silver Hill, MD|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2020|
HumanTouch is supporting a government client that is undertaking a strategic initiative to re-engineer its current business processes and technology solutions to streamline and modernize data collection and ingestion operations across the Enterprise. This effort will result in a solution that supports key business area functions, as it relates to modernization of the management, collection and processing of data in a secure manner.
The Security Architect determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates. The Security Architect will coordinate the design and the implementation of the technical infrastructure and system architecture for a system of systems development and large-scale IT modernization effort. The position requires a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and best practices related to SecDevOps, hybrid GovCloud architecture, FISMA, and related NIST security standards. The Senior Security Architect will coordinate with affected groups and vendors to ensure that critical security authorizations are achieved/renewed. The Senior Security Architect will resolve security architecture and infrastructure issues (both technical and design) and ensure the systems are able to matriculate through the SDLC process while minimizing risk to the client’s overall security posture. This resource will identify and help mitigate architecture, engineering, infrastructure and security risks.
+++ US Citizenship is required++
Participation in planning, design, technical review and implementation for system implementations and tests
- Guiding the design, integration and implementation of interfaces to optimize performance and capacity
- Developing and implement security policies and procedures to ensure that systems deploy secure applications and infrastructure
- Performing threat and vulnerability analysis by updating and enhancing threat models as requested by the client
- Ensuring systems are able to achieve required authorizations to operate and that the underlying infrastructure is authorized
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Coordination of regular application and system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Assistance in updating project timelines based on the security authorization requirements impacted by ongoing system upgrades and modernization
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud models deployed in GovCloud
- Knowledge of PaaS solutions (such as Salesforce, Pega or Appian)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to explain very technical matters to non-technical people in an articulate manner is essential. Presentation skills are key.
This position requires onsite support at the client site. Some limited remote work is possible. Travel is infrequent.