|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
We are seeking a qualified Software Application Developer for the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract to support Windows platform/desktop and client/server applications to include the Foreign Military Sales Data Distribution System (FMSDDS). This contract provides the Air Force support services in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, and test & evaluation.
The successful candidate will take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, back-end storage, security, encryption, error logging, debugging, environment configuration, automated testing, deployment, user support, server administration. They will use software design patterns and best practices during product implementation.
- Must have current/active DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation date close of no later than 5 years 6 months at the time of hire.
- Must have a DoD 8570.01-M IASAE-I / II certification (CASP CE, CISSP, or CISSLP (exceptions may be possible with customer approval).
- Candidates must have at least a Bachelors' degree in a computer science or a related discipline and a minimum of 5 years of direct/related software engineering experience.
- Candidates must also have a demonstrated ability to recognize and analyze problems and prior demonstrated ability to complete projects independently.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of core Microsoft .Net technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of common front-end frameworks and technologies
- Ability to multi-task, absorb new technologies, and work directly with the customer
- Ability to document work and create formal documentation when needed
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Passionate about solving client challenges
- Understanding of source control management systems
- Experience with .NET and/or Java
- Experience with Microsoft Access Database
- Data access technologies
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Web server administration
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position include:
- User interface development experience
- Database design/management experience
- Experience with automated testing, agile development methodologies, debugging, and performance optimization
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Experience with other highly scalable systems is a plus
- ADO and Entity Framework experience
- IIS server administration experience
- VMware administration experience
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual
environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our three Core Values: We are a Relationship-based, Growth is an Imperative, and People Are Our Greatest Asset. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.