|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Date Posted||March 14, 2019|
Job Summary: Senior Business Systems Analyst is a key technology contributor with a core focus of applying technology to deliver business capabilities. As a highly experienced and knowledgeable member of the applications team, this individual will work with other analysts, technical staff and business partners to gather and document requirements, facilitate the software development lifecycle, and manage projects to successful implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens
- Works with stakeholders to gather, document and manage functional and technical requirements within their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the adherence to the Software Development Lifecycle and all policies and procedures relative to change management within the enterprise.
- Coaches and mentors staff to foster growth and professional development amongst the analyst corps.
- Manages and maintains the change backlog for their area.
- Performs some or all project management tasks on select projects.
- Acts as key liaison to business users of applications to schedule and facilitate application and other applicable training.
- Works with technical staff to craft solutions that meet business needs.
- Provides key expertise and knowledge around data-flow and enterprise integrations with other producers and consumers of data.
- Ensures that all changes to systems capture and document information security and compliance requirements.
- Provides technical guidance and support to systems analysis and design projects.
- Satisfies data calls by extracting, formatting and delivering relevant data from systems.
- Coordinates activities of vendor and contractor personnel engaged in system development, implementation or maintenance.
- Supports end-user application training through the creation of training materials.
- Creates and maintains system documentation to include specifications, manuals, diagrams, and other required artifacts.
- May serve as analysis lead on initiatives to include assignment of analysis tasks to project team members.
- Ensures the implementation of the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Works with Procurement Office on the development of Requests for Proposal, Statements of Work, and other required contracting documentation.
- Provides frequent communication on development and project efforts to IT management team.
- Leads design workshops and requirements sessions with project teams.
- Provides a support escalation point for members of the analysis team.
- Works with IT leadership to provide input to technical strategy.
- Performs in-depth research and is an authoritative resource on industry and market trends relative to the implementation of technology.
- Identifies, documents, and manages process design change through the conducting of business and systems process analysis.
- Develops and executes application and business process test plans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Information Assurance Workforce Certifications (IAM3 jobs): SECNAV M-5239.2, DoN, Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Manual requires incumbents of this position to possess, and maintain current, one of the following Certifications: GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), Security+, or one of the following higher level certifications: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), NEXCOM preferred certification is Security+ Candidates without the required certification may be placed into this job, but must obtain the required certification within 6 months of appointment; failure to obtain this requirement will result in termination of employment.
This position is designated IT-2 (Non-Critical - Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Candidates must be eligible for a Secret Clearance, within 6 months of appointment. Failure to obtain eligibility will result in termination.