|Location||Santa Ana, CA|
|Date Posted||August 1, 2019|
Volt has an opening for a CyberSecurity Analyst to be responsible for incident response for the 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) with one of our major Client's in Santa Ana, CA.
The job responsibilities include:
- Monitor the networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets. This will include responding to and investigating alerts, the development of new security monitoring use cases, and ensuring all investigative activity is properly documented in our ticketing systems and followed up with relevant support teams.
- Triage issues escalated to the information security team, and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken by the SOC.
- Perform and document root cause analysis for security incidents.
- Take responsibility for adhering to SOC documentation and processes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field a
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
- The candidate must have three years of professional experience in performing digital media forensic analysis, static malware code disassembly and analysis, and runtime malware code analysis. Additionally, they will have a minimum of one year of professional experience responding to information system security incidents
- Demonstrated Experience with Cyber Security Monitoring and Detection including experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Vulnerability Assessment;
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection;
- Access Control and Authorization;
- Policy Enforcement;
- Application Security;
- Protocol Analysis;
- Firewall Management;
- Incident Response;
- Advanced Threat Protection
- Information Security Certification such as: Security+, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GREM
- Experience monitoring services across multiple platforms
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time to meet commitments and expectations
- Ability to remain organized and adapt to unexpected events, new facts, and rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
- Ability to effectively diagnose an issue and recommend a solution
- Ability to be flexible and focused to deliver products with different priorities and timelines
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, customers, and external groups, as well as working in a collaborative environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in Information Assurance Policy and Guidelines
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- ITIL® Foundation Level or higher Certification
Please note the following:
- This is a W2 position.
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors
This is a contingent/temporary position offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. Volt offers competitive compensation, the chance to work with some of the world's leading companies, and a staff committed to helping you take the next step on your career path.
To learn more about Volt, please visit: www.volt.com and to see more of our job postings, please visit: http://jobs.volt.com
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.