|Location||North Charleston, SC|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SRC is continuing and expanding their support of the Navy's Computer Network Defense (CND) program, on a 5 year delivery order. The SRC team provides cutting-edge engineering, analysis, integration and life cycle sustainment support for the CND systems. The purpose of the Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) program is to augment CND capabilities and integrate them into the unique environments encountered by Navy forces. Navy CND is an integral part of the cyber defense posture, protecting the Navy's component of the Global Information Grid (GIG) from exploitation and strongly linking to critical infrastructure protection. SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic requires resources to support the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) and Integration activities for the Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONENET) networks, to enhance network and cyber security.
As a member of the Research and Development team the candidate will provide network security design, installation, support, and system administration support for Computer Network Defense Systems (CNDS). Candidate will perform product testing, product evaluation and reviews, network design, and system development of Information Assurance (IA) and network systems. This team consists of numerous engineers and SME's tasked with finding the next solutions for CND systems. SRC is looking for qualified candidates for a challenging position on the Research and Development (R&D) Team.
Candidates for this position must:
• Have experience in architecture, or the ability to function as an architect designing and implementing secure Cisco networking solutions (routing/switching, VPN, multicast)
• Have experience utilizing DISA STIGs to harden and secure network devices
• Have design, testing and validation experience on DoD-deployed systems
• Have a solid understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and network security best practices
• Knowledge of CND ashore and afloat systems is a plus
• Knowledge of the RMF process and supporting deliverables is a plus
• Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Knowledge of systems engineering activities and process improvement approaches strongly desired
• Be comfortable with the creation of in-depth, accurate technical documentation
• Knowledge of load balancing appliances and/or identity management systems is a plus
• Cisco Certifications are a plus. (CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, SCNP, SSCP, etc.)
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• This position requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications:
• Must have one of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP
• Strongly desired to have a networking certification (CCNA, JNCIS, or similar)
• This position requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance to start, and will require a Top Secret to be obtained after on-boarding
• Five (5) years of experience in relevant technical field, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled