|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Cybersecurity specialist who has knowledge of Workforce Identity Management (WIAM) solutions, with proven experience in developing and delivering on business case, strategy and roadmaps – specifically focused on user Authentication and Authorization. In this role, you serve as owner of a large product or set of products by representing the voice of the customer and stakeholders to ensure that the product provides value to the customer, while aligning with the business strategy. The Product Owner II defines their product vision and roadmap, prioritizes the product backlog, anticipates client needs and serves as primary communicator between product stakeholders and teams while evaluating product progress at each iteration. In addition, the Product Owner II plays a key role in the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with key stakeholders, including senior leadership and their dedicated agile team.
You are a smart and driven Product Owner who defines and builds innovative customer experiences. You help develop a strategy and vision. You are skilled at building and executing roadmaps from idea to launching in market. You can connect the front-end customer experience to back end functionality. You embrace this cross-functional role that requires you to work closely and successfully with senior leaders across the company, engineering, QA, design, customer experience, finance and the rest of the product team.
- In this role, you will help shape and deliver the strategy and development as well as ongoing support of our WIAM platform.
- Build and own the large product or set of products vision and roadmap that aligns with the overall strategic intent and communicate them with the team and all stakeholders. Prioritize the backlog(s) based on the overall product vision and strategy.
- You will own and promote the strategy for WIAM across the business, working with various platforms and teams to adopt the solution(s) and help drive and deliver new features, as well as improvements in line with business needs when the user is seeking to access the organization’s systems and/or data.
- Represent the voice of the customer within the team and convey story details to the team; make autonomous decisions, quickly and thoughtfully, to move delivery forward in alignment with overall product vision and strategy.
- This includes supporting physical and logical needs across all channels for all lines of business.
- Write user stories and groom the backlog in partnership with the team. Specify acceptance criteria for each user story in support of moving the team to Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD).
- Work directly with the delivery team to create appropriate information radiators and other communication tools for internal team and stakeholder use to show progress on a large product or multiple products.
- Participate in all team activities and ceremonies.
- Use a matrixed influencing approach to work with essential business partners throughout the organization, often at a more senior level and irrespective of hierarchy or divisions, advocating for the benefit of the customer.
- Understand and engage with your customers.
- Focus on outcomes over outputs, incorporating design thinking methods and analytics to inform product design. Due to the scope of these product(s), these efforts are often more complex.
- Collaborate across teams and with other Product Owners to align the customer journey and dependent backlogs.
- May act on behalf of the Senior Product Owner as required by absence.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable
- Complete other related duties as assigned
No direct management responsibility, but while an individual contributor, the jobholder must manage activities through influence, accountability and ownership, functioning in an agile environment.
Characteristics we’re looking for:
- Strong Technical Acumen- understanding of authentication and authorization tools, as well as Identity & Access Management, in general
- Familiarity with Fraud/Authentication environments
- Understanding of standards around industry regulations, and authentication such as FFIEC, NIST, etc.
- Focus on the user experience – to be as user-friendly and intuitive, as possible
- Ongoing curiosity with a bias toward action and a passion for continuous learning
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for compelling value-driven story-telling
- Ability to prioritize across competing priorities and quickly-changing landscape
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- Desire to understand customers, empathize with their needs and build something tangible that they will love
- Willingness to challenge assumptions and build the best customer experience through a test and learn approach
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 6 years’ business, analytical, technical and/or product experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years’ business, analytical, technical and/or product experience
A good understanding of disruptive trends, evolution of IAM solutions backed by knowledge of the business value of IAM
A good understanding of Digital Transformation initiatives, GDPR and other regulations that impact and drive the adoption of IAM controls
Knowledge of Workforce Identity Management solutions with proven experience in either delivering or developing business cases, strategies and roadmaps
Experience developing/managing digital capabilities
Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or Computer Science
Any recognized information protection qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, GIAC)
Prior experience prioritizing across competing priorities and quickly-changing landscape
Prior experience actively seeking out multiple opinions, yet making independent decisions and influencing positive outcomes
Understanding of Design Thinking principles
Knowledge of product design and development best practices
Knowledge of Agile and Lean principles and practices
Experience working in partnership with user experience teams on product design
Experience developing/managing digital capabilities
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Specific subject matter expertise as required by assigned product
Buffalo, New York, United States of America