|Published||August 30, 2023|
A best-in-class city that attracts best-in-class talent, Philadelphia is an incredible place to build a career. From our thriving arts scene and rich history to our culture of passion and grit, there are countless reasons to love living and working here. With a workforce of over 30,000 people, and more than 1,000 different job categories, the City of Philadelphia offers boundless opportunities to make an impact.
As an employer, the City of Philadelphia values inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. We offer a vibrant work environment, comprehensive health care and benefits, and the experience you need to grow and excel. If you’re interested in working with a passionate team of people who care about the future of Philadelphia, start here.
What We Offer:
Impact - The work you do here matters to millions.
Growth - Philadelphia is growing, why not grow with it?
Diversity & Inclusion - Find a career in a place where everyone belongs
Benefits - We care about your well being
The Office of Innovation & Technology (OIT) is the central IT agency for the City of Philadelphia headed by the Chief Information Officer (CIO). OIT oversees all major information and communications technology initiatives for the City of Philadelphia - increasing the effectiveness of the information technology infrastructure, where the services provided are advanced, optimized, and responsive to the needs of the City of Philadelphia’s businesses, residents, and visitors. OIT responsibilities include: identifying the most effective approach for implementing new information technology directions throughout city government; improving the value of the city’s technology assets and the return on the city’s technology investments; ensuring data security continuity; planning for continuing operations in the event of disruption of information technology or communications services; and supporting accountable, efficient and effective government across every city department, board, commission and agency.
The Philadelphia International Airport is a Division under the Commerce Department of the City of Philadelphia. The Airport services approximately 82,000 travelers per day. The Airport Information Technology Department is headed by the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
This job is the top security executive at the Philadelphia International Airport and will report directly to the Airport’s Chief Information Officer. The employee will coordinate security efforts and will identify security initiatives and standards. Establishes and manages the Division of Aviation security policies and processes controlling the workflow and integrity of data, applications, systems and networks. This position is accountable for the management and direction setting of the Airport’s cybersecurity policies and controls at the Philadelphia International Airport.
• Advises CIO on cybersecurity issues, policies and practices
• Directs and approves the design of security systems
• Oversee a network of security personnel and vendors who safeguard the Airport’s assets, intellectual property, information systems and the physical security of Information Technology processing facilities.
• Coordinate hiring, training, evaluation and mentoring of security personnel and the development of education/training programs to ensure appropriate awareness of security policies, procedures, and standards.
• Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with the Airport’s strategic plan.
• Directs the development and implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
• Maintains relationships with other localities, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
• Physical security responsibilities will include asset protection, access control to information processing facilities, and more.
• Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness and more.
• Oversee Incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
• Schedule periodic security audits and work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
• Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans comply with Airport’s security goals and objectives.
• Meets with data processing managers to determine impact of proposed changes in hardware or software
• Reviews, plans and schedules security upgrades and maintenance of software
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Plans and develops policies and procedures for carrying out computer operations.
• Meets with subordinate supervisors to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
• Adjusts hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation.
• Oversees plans and schedules levels of support according to product release schedules.
• Evaluates new software and hardware to determine compliance with Airport’s cybersecurity program
• Must be an articulate and persuasive leader who can communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Should have experience with planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation.
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university, which has included major course work in computer science, information science, system analysis, software engineering, or a closely related field
• Minimum of eight years of work experience
• Experience managing a team of professionals and demonstrated project management skills
• Valid Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) credential required such as CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP or CISSP-ISSMP
Salary Range: $150,000 - $166,000
Starting salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications.
Important: To apply, candidates must provide a cover letter and a resume.
Discover the Perks of Being a City of Philadelphia Employee:
• We offer Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
• Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
• Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Generous retirement savings options are available
• Pay off your student loans faster - As a qualifying employer, City of Philadelphia employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Join the ranks of hundreds of employees who have already benefited from this program and achieved student loan forgiveness.
• Enjoy a Free Commute on SEPTA - Starting September 1, 2023, eligible City employees will no longer have to worry about paying for SEPTA public transportation. Whether youre a full-time, part-time, or provisional employee, you can seize the opportunity to sign up for the SEPTA Key Advantage Program and receive free Key cards for free rides on SEPTA buses, trains, trolleys, and regional rails.
• Unlock Tuition Discounts and Scholarships - The City of Philadelphia has forged partnerships with over a dozen esteemed colleges and universities in the area, ensuring that our employees have access to a wide range of tuition discounts and scholarships. Experience savings of 10% to 40% on your educational expenses, extending not only to City employees but in some cases, spouse and dependents too!
Join the City of Philadelphia team today and seize these incredible benefits designed to enhance your financial well-being and personal growth!
*The successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
Effective May 22, 2023, vaccinations are no longer required for new employees that work in non-medical, non-emergency or patient facing positions with the City of Philadelphia. As a result, only employees in positions providing services that are patient-facing medical care (ex: Nurses, doctors, emergency medical personnel), must be fully vaccinated.
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].