|Published||September 5, 2022|
The Cyber Lead will support and drive a full spectrum of activities specifically focused on cyber security related to support of a software development, integration, and test program for an Army customer. In this program, cyber is inherent to all processes and phases of development. As such, the cyber lead will be responsible for leading a team of cyber engineers who work as individual contributors within each of the program teams.
* This includes working with the Architecture team to ensure security is built into the design.
* Work with the Configuration Management (CM) team to provide required cyber-related documentation.
* Interface with development teams to provide and support software security scanning tools. Collaborate with DevSecOps teams to incorporate and configure security tools as part of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) tool chain.
* Coordinate with the Infrastructure teams to configure and troubleshoot the physical and virtual core infrastructure.
* Work closely with Government Program Office cybersecurity teams to ensure the appropriate security controls are selected, implemented, documented, and included in the system's eMASS package.
* Other duties of the Cyber Architect will be technical in nature, and may include troubleshooting security lockdowns; performing compliance and vulnerability scanning; report generation and analysis; development, implementation, and documentation of fix actions; and routine maintenance of multiple systems' security posture.
* Communication and interpersonal skills are crucial in this role. The candidate will be expected to interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, management, and i3 support teams to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues.
* As part of the ITCE Business Unit, the candidate may assist with cyber work in other programs within the business unit or other business units and may contribute to proposals and business development efforts.
* Lead the Cyber Team in managing and maintaining the security posture of a test and development code and environment.
* Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify Cyber solutions across the lifecycle of a complex system of systems IT environment
* Lead the RMF ATO process for the newly built enclaves, own and manage the eMASS package and direct & manage work in support of achieving the ATO
* Interact and collaborate with ISSOs/ISSMs and Technical teams at various organizational levels.
* Utilize compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Secured Compliance Automation Protocol (SCAP), etc) to evaluate and report on system security postures.
* Use Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and NIST RMF workflows and processes to ensure compliance with DISA security requirements.
* Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluate engineering and integration initiatives and provide technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
* Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products and systems.
* Develop and maintain cyber documentation and diagrams.
* Coordinate and communicate with US Army stakeholders, end users, and internal & external customer and leadership.
* Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security or related technical field
* DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification (e.g. CISSP, CASP+)
* Ability to lead and organize cyber team members and tasks
* Ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
* Ability to work and collaborate in team-based environment
* Ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution
* Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and standard collaboration tools
* Active Secret Clearance
* Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
* CISSP or other DoD 8570 IAT Level III or IASAE Level II (CASP CE, CISSP ISC2, CSSLP ISC2) or III certification (CISSP-ISSAP - ISC2, CISSP-ISSEP - ISC2)
* Active Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
* Master of Science degree in related technical field
* 5+ years' related experience
* Report and/or technical writing experience
* Experience building complex IT Systems, secure enclaves and Closed Restricted Networks
* Experience with System, Security, and DevSecOps tools, including Micro Focus Fortify Software Security Center (SSC) and Static Code Analyzer (SCA), Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Windows Server, and Linux
Headquartered in Huntsville, AL, i3 is a national leader in providing innovative technical and engineering solutions to a broad customer base across the U.S. DoD. Specializing in missile and aviation engineering and logistic services, electronic warfare and electromagnetic affects analysis, UAS system integration and flight operations, full lifecycle C5ISR engineering services, engineering analysis, cybersecurity and IT/IA innovative solutions and virtual training, simulation & serious game development and implementation.
* We were founded in 2007 with the intent to do business differently.
* Our focus is to leave our team members, our customers and our communities better than we found them.
* Our ultimate goal is to strengthen our Nation and our warfighter.
Perks and Benefits at i3:
* 100% team member owned
* Outstanding insurance coverage
* 401(k) match
* Health and wellness incentives
* Tuition and certification reimbursement
* Generous PTO
* Fun culture with company activities
* Countless opportunities to give back to the community through our charitable organization, i3 Cares
We work hard. We compete hard. We play hard. Apply now to join us!