|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
The Information and Cyber Security (ICS) team is embarking on a multi-year initiative to improve Wells Fargo's resiliency to the tactics, and techniques used by today's most advanced adversaries. ICS is looking to bring together a multi-functional, agile team to partner across disciplines in order to create a more secure future for the company and its customers. Join a team of dedicated cybersecurity professionals working to implement cutting edge threat detection and prevention tools and techniques.
The team is searching for a Cyber Security Research Strategist who will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership to assist internal stakeholders and external customers with critical cyber security management decisions as related to business processes, security controls, policies and standards, regulations and investment prioritization. The role will require a technical leader to guide a team who will be launching new products. The Strategist should have a deep understanding of information security architecture and engineering in all disciplines to guide the installation of new products and procedures. This person will work with the Information Security leadership to help with product strategy, roadmaps and prioritization of features for the new products being testing to enhance our security posture. The role will require attending technical meetings and driving technical work on multiple projects at one time, therefore an understand of security principals and information security processes will be needed. It is important that the products be implemented, but that operationally they can be supported, through the variety of processes while meeting security controls. This will require the ability to create reports that detail risks and issues, accomplishments and the tasks needed to complete the rollout of the product.
- Conducts research and identifies technologies to address capability gaps for emerging cyber threats, attack methods and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs).
- Applies advanced data analysis techniques, including machine learning, statistics and data mining to solve core business challenges, capture cyber security requirements and translate them into solutions.
- Builds prototypes and proof of concepts, pilot systems, and optimize databases in support of Program operational, business, and strategic requirements development process.
- Conduct/lead engineering design and development to create technical capabilities that offer innovative cyber solutions.
- Recommends Company investments in cybersecurity capabilities.
- Develop/refine strategic plans and technology roadmaps.
- Integrates new architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, and provides engineering recommendations.
- Interfaces with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence, financial industry contacts and government organizations and agencies.
- Interacts with internal partners including legal, fraud, financial crimes, technology and line of business leaders and executives.
- Provides oversight to team in troubleshooting and resolving the most complex cyber security problems.
- 10+ years of Information Security experience, including infrastructure, application development security and architecture
- 5+ years of information security risk assessment experience
- 5+ years of experience working with multiple security domains (network, application security, threat intelligence and data analytics)
- Thorough understanding of security principles and their application in an enterprise IT environment
- Experience with global regulatory requirements that may impact security (EU Privacy)
- Knowledge and understanding of one or more standard security related frameworks (NIST-Cyber, CoBIT, ISO)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- One or more security certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CEH)
- Expertise in rapid development and deployment of new security solutions
Other Desired Qualifications
- Security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Practitioner (AWS, Google, or Azure), Certified Scrum Master all highly desirable. Ability to write business cases, create forecasts, manage roadmaps and negotiate for resources and budget.
To be determined
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.