|Location||Offutt Air Force Base, NE|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
Job Number: R0103536
Cybersecurity Engineer, Senior
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for a 24/7 weather modeling and analysis computing center? We’re looking for an engineer who can create solutions for a military customer that will stand up to even the most advanced cyber threats.
As a cybersecurity engineer on our project, you’ll assist in the design and testing of software, networks and computing environments supporting analysis of petabytes of time-sensitive dynamic data, implementation of vulnerability management processes, and improvements to enterprise computing architecture. You’ll coordinate work with team software developers, scientists, and system administrators to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions, to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of weather forecasting and modeling. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like static and dynamic software testing, system scanning, endpoint security systems, multifactor authentication, identity and access management, advanced analytics, etc. You’ll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like DevSecOps, Big Data processing, and cloud computing while building piece of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team, as we improve enterprise weather awareness and operational support through cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
- 6+ years of experience with Cybersecurity engineering
- Experience with software security tools and methodologies
- Ability to work in an Agile teaming environment
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- IAT Level II Certification, including Security+ CE or GSEC
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with software engineering, Developer Operations (DevOps), or Developer Security Operations (DevSecOps) and programming in Java, Python, or FORTRAN
- Experience with administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Windows Server 2008 or higher
- Experience with virtualization, containerization, and cloud computing
- Experience with high-performance computing systems and architectures
- Experience with security tools and devices, including network firewalls, web proxy, intrusion prevention systems, vulnerability scanners or penetration tools
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite, software testing tools including Fortify or SonarQube
- Experience with securing enterprise applications and the pen Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge of the Federal compliance standards, including NIST 800-53, FIPS, FedRAMP
- Ability to adapt to shifting client needs
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IAT Level III security certification, such as CISSP or CISM or IASAE Level III certification, such as CISSP-ISSAP or CISSP-ISSEP
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.