Data Loss Prevention Specialist
|Published||March 10, 2023|
We are currently seeking a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Specialist. This is a full-time, permanent role located in Washington, DC. Because of clearance requirements, candidates must be a US Citizen or green card holder. Candidates will be working a hybrid model – 3 days onsite in Washington, DC and must be fully vaccinated.
The DLP Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the firm designs and implements appropriate controls to protect sensitive and mission critical data at rest and in transit. The Specialist operates a focused, thematic risk and control program that sets expectations for all data security topics, including email security, data loss and leak prevention, labeling and classification, and data lifecycle management. This is a highly technical role with requires hands-on, collaborative work with stakeholders and IT implementers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred; advanced degree and CISSP certification
- Requires 10+ years' experience in cybersecurity, with 3+ years’ experience executing security advisory or oversight
- Minimum 5 years of recent operational support experience with Security Email Gateways (SEG), Data Loss Preventions (DLP) tools.
- Expert knowledge in M365 Security & Compliance and Microsoft Purview, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Data Audit, Compliance Management or comparable data governance, management, and security product.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; success in the role requires the ability to influence and persuade.
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19