|Location||Eden Prairie, MN|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a software developer on the OptumRx DevSecOps team, you will have the opportunity to promote secure coding practices with key technology initiatives for internal, B2B and B2C solutions. This will include in-house developed, acquired and vended technology leveraging on-prem, private cloud, public cloud and hybrid models.
As a lead developer, you will be responsible for contributing to OptumRx technology’s incorporation of ‘security, privacy and compliance by design’ concepts into development activities across the OptumRx technology portfolio.
The OptumRx DevSecOps Sr Engineer (application developer) will play a key role with continual development of the secure coding culture within OptumRx, participate as a stakeholder in the broader Optum Technology Security Community, contribute secure code solutions to Git, and lead by example while serving as an imbedded software development resource in various scrum teams.
Time will be split between developing secure coding capability at an organizational level and participating as a developer in sprints with various application delivery teams, working with the scrum teams to meet sprint requirements and their secure coding acumen.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of application development (Java or similar preferred)
- 2+ years of native public cloud application development
- Experience developing solutions in a regulated industry
- Experience working effectively in a large matrix organization
- Enterprise level integration development utilizing methods such as API’s, micro services, and data streaming
- Understanding and experience with full-stack engineering, Agile and DevOps delivery practices
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Professional Certifications: CISSP, CCSP (Certified Cloud Security Professional) or other relevant
- Experience working in the Heath Care industry
- Experience working with cloud security management or governance tools
- Experience with information security, secure coding and use of secure coding tools
- Knowledge and understanding of threat analysis and assessment of potential and current information security risk/threats
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis, and vulnerability remediation
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and use it in solution development
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Secure Coding, Java Developer, Security DevOps Engineer, Full Stack, API’s, Micro Services, Data Streaming, Cloud Development, Container-Based Development, Cloud, Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Agile, DevOps, Healthcare, Cloud Security, CISSP, CCSP, UHG, Optum, Healthcare, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota