Expert Cyber Security Engineer – TS/SCI – CISSP, CSSLP, CASP+ CE
|Published||March 7, 2023|
Cyber Security Engineer - Security Engineering
TULK is a small boutique consulting firm specializing in technology and management consulting to the US Federal Government. We help Defense and National Security clients solve their toughest problems by guiding them to acquire, design, manage and develop new and improved technology systems and business practices to advance their missions. Our people enjoy a variety of tailored benefit options to meet their individual needs to include 100% employer paid health care, generous cash bonuses, flexible work schedules, access to technology, tuition reimbursement, 401k (coming in 2023) and much more.
We seek applicants who demonstrate a broad range of competency as we don’t just place “butts in seats” – we look at your overall skillset and your career interests and then line you up with an initial assignment that best fits you, while continuously evaluating opportunities to further your career.
If the position below is of interest to you, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Overall Assignment Description of the Expert Cyber Security Engineer:
Expert Cyber Security Engineers capture and refine information security requirements and ensure that the requirements are integrated into information technology component products and information systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
Duties of the Expert Cyber Security Engineer include:
- Assists with leading development teams working to design and develop information systems or upgrade legacy systems.
- Conducts product research and support Analysis of Alternative (AoA) activities that independently identify the most appropriate security solutions.
- Assists with leading the development of system concepts, contribute to the capability phase of the systems development lifecycle, and translate technology and environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system security designs and processes.
- Assists with leading the development and documentation of Security Architectures, Roadmaps, and investments.
- Oversees the work of Senior-, Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Cyber Security Engineers.
Required Skills and Experience of the Expert Cyber Security Engineer:
- US Citizenship
- Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program, or equivalent Expert level experience as a Cyber Security Engineer.
- Expert working experience in government or industry within Cyber Security Engineering.
- DoD 8570 Level II (IASAE) certification such as:
- CASP CE - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- CISSP (or Associate) ISC2 – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CSSLP ISC2 – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
Desired Skills and Experience of the Expert Cyber Security Engineer
- Expert working experience in government or industry leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using Cloud Based Technology such as: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), On-demand self-service, Broad network access, Resource pooling, Rapid elasticity, Measured Service, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using structured and unstructured Big Data.
- Experience engineering Cyber Security solutions using Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.