|February 7, 2024
The Security Architect will be responsible for designing and supporting the definition of security system standards and concepts for systems implemented under the program. The Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
Responsibilities for Security Architect
- Assist with definition of Security guidelines, policies and practices
- Assess and evaluate compliance to security standards, policies, and procedures
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; preparing cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the technical leaders to understand the user/application needs and requirements for secure access to applications and data
- Properly evaluate new applications/systems to ensure optimal use of security measures to protect access to PHI/PII and overall adherence to Security guidelines, policies and practices.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing systems in adhere to Security guidelines and policies
- Compare and analyze to identify patterns, relationships and problems impacting Security within and across multiple applications
- Collaborate and participate on Governance Boards to review application changes and architectural decisions impacting Security policies and guidelines
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications for Security Architect
- A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is highly desirable.
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
- Able to compile and organize information and present findings to management
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing business and technical team members
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Outstanding problem solver