|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||March 18, 2021|
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Information Security team is closely connected to the Enterprise Solutions Architecture (ESA) team which serves the WellMed organization by providing strategy consultation, standardization policies and guidelines, system design, architecture documentation, performance evaluations, and collaboration support. The Information Security team links the goals of WellMed with those of USMD and Optum and provides support and advice for the overall improvement of our collective security posture. The team is not large yet provides value to operational teams by active involvement in assessment of risk, planning risk treatments and technical analysis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for enterprise-wide system and asset security aspects of all operations in which data is exchanged across media or stored electronically
- Proactively collaborates with the IT department and related business units to increase system security, document system architecture and define long-term design strategies
- Collaboration surrounding security related aspects and system development, planning, and implementation includes but is not limited to Optum Technology, Optum Information Risk Management (IRM/EIS) and Optum Data Management areas
- Provide direction and guidance to Optum infrastructure teams with regards to security best practices and enterprise guidelines, strategies, and initiatives with the goal of controlling risk management and creating a cohesive environment
- Analyze business requirements and ensure that solutions meet established security policies and controls. Design and document IT security architecture for the enterprise as well as the larger Optum IRM/EIS and related teams
- May also encompass security with regards to networking and systems
- Serve as key leader and subject matter expert on OptumCare leading-edge projects that are particularly vulnerable to security risk during development and operations
- Facilitate the design/deployment reviews with department leads and executive leadership to ensure adherence to organizational policies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar field (Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- (ISC)2 CISSP certification
- 8+ years of experience with security administration
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Visio
- 3+ years working with Active Directory
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- (ISC)2 HCISPP certification
- (ISC)2 CISSP-ISSAP certification
- Experience with HITRUST (engineer or auditor)
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- Experience with Optum Technology teams
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure Services Architecture or Security
- Master’s degree (in Information Technology or similar field)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Architect; Health Care; CISSP, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote