|Published||May 29, 2022|
|Location||Offutt Air Force Base, NE|
Looking for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) out at Offutt AFB!
*Must have active clearance: Top Secret Clearance / SCI Eligible*
This position will serve as the principal advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security of classified information systems under their purview. This person will perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and will identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
- Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Ensures the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), through the required government policy, make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Assessment and Authorization activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Develops and maintains a formal IS security program and policies for classified systems under their purview.
- Manage all Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities in accordance applicable directives.
- Manage all IA related support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the NE.
- Provide oversight and guidance of IA personnel performing system analysis looking for patterns of non-compliance; ensure appropriate administrative or programmatic actions which minimize security risks and insider threats.
- Manage account processes, network rights, and access to Computing Environment (CE), network environment systems and equipment.
- Manage the remediation/mitigation of security violations to determine if the network environment has been breached, assess the impact, and preserve the evidence.
- Provide oversight and guidance ensuring systems are properly configured, optimized, and tested ensuring all policy and technical requirements are met.
- Manage all IA related processes and procedures in the development of and implementation of access control lists on routers, firewalls, CE, printing devices, and other network devices.
- Assess the performance of IA security controls within the environment.
- Develop and implement and effective IS security education, training, and awareness program.
- Manage, maintain, and execute the IS continuous monitoring plan. Identify IA vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing.
- Perform control validation and remediation validation of network servers, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Evaluate potential IA security risk and take appropriate corrective and recovery action.
- Ensure that hardware, software, data and facility resources are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with system security plans and requirements.
- Provide oversight and guidance of IA personnel implementing applicable patching oversight and validation of all security related updates including IAVAs, IAVBs, TAs, for their NE.
- Adhere to IS security laws and regulations to support functional operations Implement response actions in reactions to security incidents. Support Security Test and Evaluation (Part of the RMF Process)
- Bachelor’s degree in science with 9 years of relevant experience; 7 years of relevant experience with a master's degree.
- DoDM 8570 - IAM Level II Certification (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CISSP, CASP CE).
- Current Active Top Secret Clearance.
- CISSP or an IAM Level III certification (CISSP, CISM, GSLC). MCSE/RHSA and/or System Administration experience.
- Experience with security hardening, assessment and reporting tools (SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, Nessus, XACTA).