|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information System Security Officer (ISSO). You will be part of a team securing the government's Domain Name System (DNS) with the most cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for an ISSO to support the authority to operate (ATO) activities of the DNS resolver system, according to revisions of the NIST SP 800-53 guidelines and integrate security practices within the development lifecycle of the user onboarding portal. You will work closely with a variety of agency stakeholders supporting their mission, priorities and requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Maintain the system security documentation and implement security policies for the solution.
• Support ATO activities to achieve ATO status for the DNS resolver system based on a FIPS 199 rating of Confidentiality - Moderate; Integrity - Moderate; and Availability - High.
• Implement security policies and processes to maintain the ATO status for the DNS resolver system.
• Incorporate NIST SP 800-37 activities into the software development lifecycle (SDLC) phases.
• Coordinate security remediation activities and establish risk and mitigation strategies and communicate status to relevant stakeholders.
• Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments on changes to the system architecture.
• Perform other duties as directed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. In addition, candidates may need to obtain and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• At least five (5) years working on cybersecurity teams for application development, shared services or cloud programs.
• Experience in continuous monitoring for information systems.
• Experience in obtaining ATOs for information systems.
• Working knowledge of the following NIST SPs: NIST 800-37, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-18, NIST 800-30, NIST 800-137 and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 199 (Security Categorization).
• Confident communication skills with both internal team members as well as external stakeholders.
• DNS experience is desirable.
• Knowledge of DHS SELC process is desirable.
• Knowledge of DHS ATO process is desirable.
• Technical/development background.
• Experience with Federal Risk and Authorization Management (FedRAMP) Cloud related projects.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• CISSP concentration.
• Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP).
• Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP).
• Certified Risk and Information Systems Controller (CRISC).
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) and GIAC Security Essentials.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.